Wind Spirit Holiday sailing price drop?

panam22

Really interested in going on the Wind Spirit 12/26 cruise to the British Virgins out of St. Martin. We've passed the 90 day mark and this cruise is still sitting at the same price. Do you think that it will go lower? Or should we bite the bullet and book it now? Sure wish you could see the room availability like you can on the bigger ships....

You can call Windstar and ask them how full this sailing is - (800) 258-7245. I don't have a crystal ball, but as this is a holiday sailing, I am doubtful fare will decrease, and of course, once you make final payment, you won't get any adjustment if the fare does go down.

I guess I would start by finding out how many open cabins there are and decide if I wanted to gamble or not

You also need to consider the price of airfare; I don't see it going down for this period of time and the lower fare buckets are either sold out, or probably close to being gone. The longer you wait, the higher the price will likely be.

Based on past experience, I do not see the cruise fares going down any lower for the Holiday sailing. THey are still getting bookings and the ship will most likely sail full. ALso, airline capacity is rising dramatically for this Holiday time period which means prices for airfare will go up rapidly from this point forward.

Book now!

The only category A cabins left, as of last week, were the ones at the extreme front or back, or those next to stairways, so I don't think they're hurting for passengers for this trip.

Being next to the stairways or far forward, or far back, is not such a bad thing. Our favorite cabin (after about 6 times on the Windsurf) was 154! Easy to run up and down stairs or elevators and very little traffic there. Quiet, too.

Archived