mini versus full suite question

ckr31

We are booked(wife and I) in a minisuite for our upcoming cruise on the Grand in March 2010.We were thinking of upgrading to a full suite. I need some feedback on this,pro's/con's,and would we have a better experience in the full or should we just stay with the mini

Full suites come with some lovely perks in addition to the much bigger rooms. Priority boarding, priority tender tickets, order full dinners to your room, special restaurant for breakfast, in suite bar, good locations, etc. If you can handle the extra money then by all means do it.

A lot of the mini's are on a deck that have decks open to above. There are many threads on this issue. Some folks really feel stongly about this issue.

If you stick with the mini, I would highly recommend the AD minis on the Emerald deck, they are fully covered and in a quiet area near the aft.

Otherwise, if financially possible, I would absolutely go with the full suite, a full dining room menu to enjoy out on the balcony would be enough to change my mind! I really hope Princess brings back room service menus in the future, not just a few cold sandwiches. The perks enjoyed in a full suite, far surpass those of a regualr room/mini suite.

Another perk is the free laundry and dry cleaning. You can go home with all clean clothes after vacation.

Also the special breakfast at Sabatini's is also available only to suite passengers and is really nice.

Mike:)

Couple of observations and points of consideration:

If you are on a longer cruise the full suite is a blessing well worth the money - more room to stow your stuff and a place to escape the noise and commotion if you are introverted.

The free laundry helps you pack lighter. Helps again for longer cruises.

Use of Sabitinies for breakfast is nice.

Expanded room service menu is great for outdoor deck dining.

Hope this helps.

BTW - once you go full suite you will never go back to mini's or balcony accomodations. Life is too short - Carpe Diem!

Zouave

Couple of observations and points of consideration:

If you are on a longer cruise the full suite is a blessing well worth the money - more room to stow your stuff and a place to escape the noise and commotion if you are introverted.

The free laundry helps you pack lighter. Helps again for longer cruises.

Use of Sabitinies for breakfast is nice.

Expanded room service menu is great for outdoor deck dining.

Hope this helps.

BTW - once you go full suite you will never go back to mini's or balcony accommodations. Life is too short - Carpe Diem!

Zouave

We had a full suite (Caribe deck) on our cruise to Alaska, wonderful! Our group of 8 enjoyed meeting in our suite in the evening or early mornings to watch the sights together. Ordering anything we wanted from the menu was nice! Kids devoured the chocolate covered strawberries daily.

On our last cruise, we had E731. Large balcony, quite room and just a wonderful mini for a lot less money. If money were not a problem, I would book the full suite anytime for the extra perks, IMHO. :)

Archived