Beverages on Freedom

I just returned from Freedom of the Seas Sunday. We had a great time but found it difficult to find beverages at certain times. We are not alcohol drinkers and didn't want to buy the drink packages. There were quite a few times that if the windjammer was closed we had no options for drinks besides water and coffee (or whatever that is called that they offer) :cool: We were overlooking a drink station or somewhere else to get a glass of lemonade or tea? Could we have gone to the bars and gotten a drink without a charge? Or is this just a way to get us to buy something?

We've always been allowed into the WJ for the drink station, even when it was "between" meals...so we were able to get iced tea any time we wanted....

If you had bought the soda package, you could have gotten fountain soda at any bar.

I remember the Windjammer being closed for a while each afternoon (between lunch and tea, then again between tea and dinner). It wasn't for large amounts of time, and I didn't try to get it for drink service, but I had the impression that no one was allowed in -- the free drink station is about halfway back through the seating area, not right there by the entrance, and you'd have to walk past a "we re-open at X:00" sign to get in.

There IS a bar -- the Plaza Bar -- by the Windjammer entrance, and there are other bars throughout the ship. You should be able to get a free water or a for-purchase individual soda at any of these bars. I don't believe the bars have lemonade or tea.

You can also call room service, though that would involve a tip.

Another option would've been to bring a couple drinks back from the buffet at lunch. They could be stored in your room cooler.

This is a good argument for bringing your own soft drinks onboard.

We've always been allowed into the WJ for the drink station, even when it was "between" meals...so we were able to get iced tea any time we wanted....

If you had bought the soda package, you could have gotten fountain soda at any bar.

NOT TRUE. We were on Freedom three weeks ago and the Windjammer was closed later in the evening. I have the photos to prove it. Do you ever check facts before posting? :confused:

To the OP - you can get hot tea or hot chocolate in the Promenade Cafe - just no iced tea or lemonade.

We've been sailing on Celebrity a bit lately and they have beverage stations that are open to the passengers in the buffet. You can get a lemonade, iced tea, hot tea, water or hot chocolate anytime, and juices/fruit punches most of the time. I agree that RCCL needs to make something other than water available when the WJ is closed.

Do Disney,

Their drink station, last time we were on, is free, open 24 hours and included pop, tea, coffee, water and lemonade. And did I mention it was free. Come on RCCL, step it up a bit.

It should be free since the cruise cost almost twice as much. I could afford a drink package for $48 a lot better.;)

Do Disney,

Their drink station, last time we were on, is free, open 24 hours and included pop, tea, coffee, water and lemonade. And did I mention it was free. Come on RCCL, step it up a bit.

I've cruised both Disney and Royal Caribbean, and I loved them both.

I doubt, however, that we'll ever travel with Disney Cruise Lines again. Why not? Simple: We can get a full week on Royal for the cost of a 3-4 day on Disney. We can almost do a back-to-back on Royal for the cost of a week on Disney.

Free soda doesn't make up the difference between the cost of the two lines.

NOT TRUE. We were on Freedom three weeks ago and the Windjammer was closed later in the evening. I have the photos to prove it. Do you ever check facts before posting? :confused:

Gosh, calm down WaterBaby.

Sorry ... having a cranky week. It just becomes frustrating to see incorrect posts all the time. And certain posters have a habit of throwing out opinions that don't include any facts. ;)

Sorry ... having a cranky week. It just becomes frustrating to see incorrect posts all the time. And certain posters have a habit of throwing out opinions that don't include any facts. ;)

The poster you quoted WAS stating fact based on their experience.

They didn't say the Windjammer was open all the time on every ship. They simply stated in their experience it was open between meals.

Waterbaby ....we all have cranky weeks. Hope next week is a better week for you. BTW ...it will be for me, I'll be on the Freedom.

Archived