Aerobed instead of using pullman bed-has anyone done this?

brenderlou

We are sailing on the Crown for Thanksgiving and have a balcony cabin w/ pullman bed (DH, DD & I). We have sailed using a pullman before but it always ends up my DH up on the pullman bed and DD (5 yrs old) w/ me.

We also sailed on Celebrity once and they brought in a rollaway bed that fit between the side of the bed and the cabin wall. Worked perfectly and we were all at the same leve :)

I had a thought of maybe bringing our twin size aerobed instead of using the pullman and was wondering if it would fit between the bed and a wall? During the day we would deflate it and store it....

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

A rollaway in a balcony cabin will be very tight! The only place for it is over by the desk in front of the balcony doors. I doubt if you will be able to access your balcony with the rollaway set up. Here is a thread with pictures of a balcony cabin with pull down bunks:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415324

Since you would only need one bunk, you would have a bit more room. They do have guard rails and most kids love them.

If you look at the one picture with the two ladders and facing the TV, you will see what a very small area there is for the rollaway to fit over by the two chairs.

Good luck!

Archived