Beware Ye Matie(aka RCCL)...Disney Rools Out The Big Guns

It's about to get interesting out there with price wars....Disney just announces Kids under 17 sail free 11/7/09-4/3/10 with 2 paid adults in the same cabin.

This is not new, Disney announced this weeks ago and most sailings have very little available by now.

2649558970104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

There is a personalized PIN# that is given in the e-mail that you must use.

Hmmmm, very curioius , this is was I get when I pull up special offers

Kids Sail Free on Select Cruises

Kids age 17 and under can sail free on most 3- and 4-night Bahamian cruises from January 7 through April 15, 2010 and on select Mediterranean cruises from April 24 through May 26, 2010, when traveling with 2 full-fare Guests in the same stateroom. Government taxes and fees are not included.

And yet they just e-mailed me this exact same flyer a few minutes ago.:confused:

I think this is a new one that was just put out there for Castaway Club Members...might not be available for everyone through the web-site...it does say that you have to book using the special PIN# that was in the e-mail.

Disney has actually been offering Florida residents rates for the past few weeks. The prices are competitive with RCL! Were we not on the precipice of becoming Diamond, I'd be giving them a try!

You are right...they do always offer Fl resident specials....HOWEVER this one has nothing to do with Fl resident.....it's going to be an interesting winter/spring as vacation destinations are letting loose and trying to fill reservations in all kinds of ways.

It's about to get interesting out there with price wars....Disney just announces Kids under 17 sail free 11/7/09-4/3/10 with 2 paid adults in the same cabin.

At the prices they charge, they can afford it.....and still make a good profit.

No thanks.....

At the prices they charge' date=' they can afford it.....and still make a good profit.

No thanks.....[/quote']

I see a big difference between "Kids sail free on All cruises" and "Kids sail free on Most 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises, 7 night Caribbean cruises or on Select Mediterranean cruises" As usual the devil is in the details and little words like "most" and "select" really affect the meaning of their offer. Their offer isn't quite as generous and all inclusive as some have claimed or assumed.:rolleyes:

At the prices they charge' date=' they can afford it.....and still make a good profit.

No thanks.....[/quote']

Thats not the point....Disney also just announced for the 2nd year now their buy 4 nights get 7 nights program at Disneyworld....it goes to show that even Disney is feeling the pain.....their cruise line now discounting like this shows how much things are hurting.

Disney has actually been offering Florida residents rates for the past few weeks. The prices are competitive with RCL! Were we not on the precipice of becoming Diamond, I'd be giving them a try!

Becoming Diamond now is not a big deal over being Platinum. The biggest difference was the lounge and that perk as been "gutted" unless you want some free Le Terrible wine and trail mix. The only other perk is a discount on a balcony or higher but then you can't use it with any other benefit which you can probably get elsewhere like owning stock, a promotional offer via the C&A book or on-line, next cruise letter, booking on board, or owning stock.

Tucker in Texas

Becoming Diamond now is not a big deal over being Platinum. The biggest difference was the lounge and that perk as been "gutted" unless you want some free Le Terrible wine and trail mix. The only other perk is a discount on a balcony or higher but then you can't use it with any other benefit which you can probably get elsewhere like owning stock, a promotional offer via the C&A book or on-line, next cruise letter, booking on board, or owning stock.

Tucker in Texas

Yeah, we wouldn't have cared much but we're sailing on X in January and their Elite benefits have improved pretty dramatically. We're doing it more to take advantage of it over there.

Tucker in Texas

Not if you sail on Freedom Class or Oasis and Allure where they have dedicated diamond clubs.

No thanks.....[/quote']

I think price is relevant to what you can afford. I have cruised on Disney 3 times. It is expensive. We are getting a verandah D1 cabin on RCCL for $3000. On Disney we got deluxe window cabin on deck two for the same price. I sail on RCCL in a week. I have heard a lot of negative things about the food, how they charge for so many extras, cutting out this and cutting out that. I will have to see what my experience is like on RCCL vs Disney. Disney has excellent service food, activities for adults and kids.

Not if you sail on Freedom Class or Oasis and Allure where they have dedicated diamond clubs.

Correct but those ships are too big for me and are a small part of Royal's fleet. Did enjoy the shows on the Freedom, though, but felt like I needed to pack a lunch bucket whenever I left my cabin.

I'm looking closer at Celebrity, too.

Tucker in Texas

Just got off Disney Wonder for a four nighter. Paid $349 pp with a $25 room credit. All soda (pop) was free, gin&tonic only $5.10 (total with tip) and beer was $3.50 approx., depending on brand and size. So you will have a smaller end-of-cruise bill if you drink soda or alcholic beverages as compared to RCCL, unless you are D/D+ with free drinks in the evening. The ship was classical and we loved every aspect of her: ie. decore, layout, stateroom size, etc. This was our first Disney cruise and we will do more if we can find prices similar to above in the future. The Wonder is going into dry dock for 19 days and will have all new carpeting installed as well as other upgrades to the theater and other venues. Speaking of which, the stage shows were better than any we have ever seen on 29 RCCL cruises. However, they lack good bar room talent IMHO, probably in favor of the disney characters. We thought it to be of exceptional value.

Now for the Carnival, we will never go back. Nuf said?! Paid $499 for a balcony on a 7 nighter (could have gotten an inside for $349) and the only thing we liked about the Liberty was the bar room bands and the porterhouse steak in Harry's. Oh, and yes, getting off of her at the end of the cruise.

We (DW and I are pretty much in concert with our opinions of these three ships) are comparing the Disney and Carnival cruises to the 5 night Enchantment OTS, which we squeezed in between the Liberty and Wonder. We paid $349 pp for an inside gnty and got a D+ upgrade to ocean view. Love the Enchantment - third sailing.

Have to say additionally, the food on all three was acceptable but not great in MDR. We had often heard Carnival was better than RCCL; not so - it was the worst of the three. I know it varies from ship to ship even in the RCCL fleet but I'm comparing the three above vessels. Wonder was equal to Enchantment OTS, although Palo's was a disappointment compared to Chops.

There is more I could write comparing them, but I think I got my point across by now.

Happy sailing!

OBTW, we will be on =X= in one week and will (regretfully?) in our minds be comparing the Infinity to all of the aboves.

I am hoping that they give some big adult discounts soon. All of my friends my age that enjoy cruising - except for 2 of them - only go Disney. They all swear its the best food, service and activities for people our age. I really, really want to try it but I'm just not sold on the price. We're planning a big land trip to the Nordic countries next but will probably cruise again the year after. Maybe by then they might have some more discounts for those without kids...

I have been on 2 RCCL cruises and spent 20 days on DCL last year.

I have been trying to convince people on the Disboards for years that RCCL is a better product for the price- and I have younger kids!

The price is just not worth the characters and the few extra you can get on DCL, to us anyway. Food was compareable, Service was the same. Only big diff is we did like the split bathroom.

Currently we have a 4 day DCL booked for Spring and a 12 day Med RCCL cruise. We'll see how I feel after those.

I WISH RCCL would have offers like this - but here's the problem. RCCL has "specials" like $229 for a 5 night Western Carib. Disney prices are more like $699 to start for the 3 day sailings.

Disney's 1st/2nd prices are almost always higher than RCCL and CCL. And in our family, my kids prefer the RCCL ships to the Disney ships.

Now if RCCL came out with this deal, we would be all over it.

Correct but those ships are too big for me and are a small part of Royal's fleet. Did enjoy the shows on the Freedom, though, but felt like I needed to pack a lunch bucket whenever I left my cabin.

I'm looking closer at Celebrity, too.

Tucker in Texas

I thught the Voyager class has Diamond Lounges also

Archived