Cost on China & Vietnam Visa

warrentjr

My understanding, through my TA, is that Azamara obtains the Viet Nam Visa at a cost of $28 pp. We will receive it upon embarkation. The China Visa must be obtained prior to the cruise. We used an agency and the cost is $379 for two or $199 for one person. We are on the Dec 22 Singapore to Hong Kong cruise. Hope this helps!

I was on the Legend of the Seas in January and there was little help from RCI about visas. Some passengers were very misinformed. Vietnam does provide visas on the ship. Your passports will be collected and stamped overnight. The cost around $30.00 if memory serves.

The China Visa must be obtained before you leave home. If you live near a Chinese Consulate you can drop your passport off and pick them up in a few days. They also provide same day service for a fee.

I do not believe you need a Visa for Hong Kong.

A single entry visa is good for a single entry. If you are stopping in more then one port a single entry won't be adequate.

Now having said all this, the best advice is to check with the Chinese themselves. Call a Chinese Consulate or go online. Make you have an official web site and not an agency that obtains visa's for customers.

The visa through the government will cost less as there is no fee for services.

Also, if you plan to go to a consulate, call and make sure you have everything they need. I think, again the memory, that they only take cash.

Anyway, if you've never been to Asia you are in for a fantastic cruise.

Cheers,

Rod

You MUST get a visa for China before you board otherwise you won't be allowed on! Simple. As to whether it is single entry, double entry or multi-entry, just let us know how many times you are going into China and we can count up.

You do not need a visa for HK or for Sanya. So what is left?

We are also booked on the China CruiseTour and 14 day Hong Kong to Singapore. Azamara told me I just had to obtain the Chinese Visa but I am confused about if I should get a single entry or dual entry visa.

Hi C-F, we are on the same cruise....you will need a single entry visa to land in China, then you do your tour and then you fly to HK - where you do not need a visa. I think this is right.

We are on the January 9 Hong Kong to Singapore on the Quest. Jessica Moore from Azamara Customer Relations emailed me that we only need visas for Cambodia and Vietnam. We will be able to obtain them on board. United Airlines told me that if you are going to Hong Kong, you do not need a visa. If you are going to mainland China then you do need a visa. You also do not need a visa for Singapore.

We are on the January 9 Hong Kong to Singapore on the Quest. Jessica Moore from Azamara Customer Relations emailed me that we only need visas for Cambodia and Vietnam. We will be able to obtain them on board. United Airlines told me that if you are going to Hong Kong, you do not need a visa. If you are going to mainland China then you do need a visa. You also do not need a visa for Singapore.

Yes - your itinerary does NOT include a mainland China stop. Alas, the sailing previous stops at Canton - so an additional $130 to the Chinese government, plus additional mailing/service fees.

FYI - although I applied for a single entry visa, the LA consulate put a 1-year, multiple entry visa into my passport.

jw

Yes - your itinerary does NOT include a mainland China stop. Alas, the sailing previous stops at Canton - so an additional $130 to the Chinese government, plus additional mailing/service fees.

FYI - although I applied for a single entry visa, the LA consulate put a 1-year, multiple entry visa into my passport.

jw

Jw, Could you apply directly to the consulate in LA for the China Visa? Did you have to apply in person?

Archived