Crown Grill - Reservations Easy to Get?

lovevacadays

It really all depends. On our last cruise on Crown we made reservations for both formal nights as soon as we boarded. Both nights when we were having dinner a number of people walked in without reservations. We were sitting near the entrance and watched people as they entered. On another cruise we tried to get reservations the second day on the ship and could not get a reservaion on any night before 9PM. We have a cruise coming up on the Crown and we will make reservations as soon as we board.

I made my reservation shortly after boarding, for the first formal night. I think what helped me was that I like to eat early, so I made my reservation for 6 p.m. When I arrived at the restaurant for my reservation, there might have been 3 or 4 tables occupied, and by the time I left, the restaurant was about half full.

On our March cruise the DINE line said that the Crowne Grill was booked. On a whim, we walked down and they had had so many no shows that we walked right in. There is no penalty for not showing up so many people don't show. Enjoy your cruise.

Just off the Crown transatlantic. On the last formal night we walked by the restaurant and on a whim decided to ask if they had a table. It was about 8 pm and looked empty but we thought they might have reservations for the empty tables. The Maitre d' actually laughed- which we thought could mean they were fully booked. But no- they were really empty. During our lovely meal, there were 3 tables filled in the entire Crown Grill.

Just off the Crown transatlantic. On the last formal night we walked by the restaurant and on a whim decided to ask if they had a table. It was about 8 pm and looked empty but we thought they might have reservations for the empty tables. The Maitre d' actually laughed- which we thought could mean they were fully booked. But no- they were really empty. During our lovely meal, there were 3 tables filled in the entire Crown Grill.

The night we went was French night in the dining room and there were a few tables filled in the Crown Grille. (We were on the same cruise as you.) We had no trouble getting a reservation either. I had the filet and onion soup and they were the best I've ever eaten.

On both cruises, Sabatini's was the more popular of the two but there were empty tables in both. Felt Sabatini's had better food as the Crown was only fair in my opinion. If you make reservations when you board, you should have no problems. I am sure there were no-shows which I feel should be charged if you don't cancel in time. We saw that happen on the Ultimate Ship's Tour as well which is a shame because others were denied out of the selfishness of others.

Archived