Another new feature

Even this late in the process RCCL is still making changes to the ship. While it's not a major new feature it is a change that many may like. This comes from everyone's favorite fin, Aker Builder, over on another forum.

In fact there is going to be another public area for pax, on dec 17 fore ship arond radar mast. It supoused to be a crew area, but there is makeover in progress right now.

So it seems that there should be a new set of deck plans coming out at some point that show this new area added to deck 17. From the sea trial pictures I can't really tell what they would use it for. It seems like a nice view and maybe some sun bathing up there which may have been there motive for the change.

attachment.php?attachmentid=134406&stc=1&d=1254672089

1050746521_Screenshot2009-10-04at11_57_29AM.jpg.5741f96f9c0b9091ce796c61af334037.jpg

Even this late in the process RCCL is still making changes to the ship. While it's not a major new feature it is a change that many may like. This comes from everyone's favorite fin, Aker Builder, over on another forum.

So it seems that there should be a new set of deck plans coming out at some point that show this new area added to deck 17. From the sea trial pictures I can't really tell what they would use it for. It seems like a nice view and maybe some sun bathing up there which may have been there motive for the change.

I've been wondering about that area since I saw it on the model populated w/people. Thanks for sharing!:cool::D

Ad_3265_4.jpg

I've been wondering about that area since I saw it on the model populated w/people. Thanks for sharing!:cool::D

Ad_3265_4.jpg

Thanks for posting that model picture. It is clearly a rather substantial area to gain. From the actual pics it looked rather small from the side but from above you can easily see that it does indeed have plenty of room for more chairs.

The area that I want to see them open up is the roof of the crown lounge. That is a huge area with an incredible view. They still have work railings up there so I don't know if those are temporary or going to be replaced at some point. If they don't use it for passengers they could always use it for crew as it is a great area to let go to waste. Maybe that's how they are justifying taking away the front deck space from the crew.

Thanks for posting that model picture. It is clearly a rather substantial area to gain. From the actual pics it looked rather small from the side but from above you can easily see that it does indeed have plenty of room for more chairs.

The area that I want to see them open up is the roof of the crown lounge. That is a huge area with an incredible view. They still have work railings up there so I don't know if those are temporary or going to be replaced at some point. If they don't use it for passengers they could always use it for crew as it is a great area to let go to waste. Maybe that's how they are justifying taking away the front deck space from the crew.

I agree I hope either passengers or crew get use of the roof of the Viking Crown....that's definitely a prime piece of real estate.

I'm trying to figure out if that multi colored area just below the solarium is for passengers.

I'm trying to figure out if that multi colored area just below the solarium is for passengers.

Yes, its the outdoor children's play deck (one section for Voyagers, Explorers & Aquanauts).

Ernie

I agree I hope either passengers or crew get use of the roof of the Viking Crown....that's definitely a prime piece of real estate.

I think the area will be off limits for crew and passengers, except the working crew that need to access the area for maintenance, repairs to the satellites, etc.

Ernie

If you look at the photo in this link:

http://cruiseind.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ad_3365_16.jpg

you will see some kind of track has been installed under the large roof area over the Boardwalk. I'm thinking it might be used for some sort of flying acrobatics show, or for part of the Aqua Theater show, or it may just be lighting. It's interesting that it has a lot of curves and twists. Earlier photos of the same area do not show the track.

Ernie

Yes, its the outdoor children's play deck (one section for Voyagers, Explorers & Aquanauts).

Ernie

Wow! That would've been another good area to stand during sailaway or entering ports.:(

Ad_3265_4.jpg

I think it will be an addditional sun deck. That's what it is on Voyager Class ships. (from what I've learned on Voyager-class.com)

If you look at the photo in this link:

http://cruiseind.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ad_3365_16.jpg

you will see some kind of track has been installed under the large roof area over the Boardwalk. I'm thinking it might be used for some sort of flying acrobatics show, or for part of the Aqua Theater show, or it may just be lighting. It's interesting that it has a lot of curves and twists. Earlier photos of the same area do not show the track.

Ernie

I've noticed that track on plenty of older pictures! I think It's been there awhile! Although it does look like it has something to do with the Aquatheater.

I've noticed that track on plenty of older pictures! I think It's been there awhile! Although it does look like it has something to do with the Aquatheater.

Its the first time I noticed it, and I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

Clearly in this photo, it doesn't exist.

Ernie

579865419_t72ak-L.jpg

Does anyone know if passengers will have access to the "bridge" shown in this pic?

ad_3365_21.jpg

The only passenger access will be on the top level where the bar and Flow Riders are.

The lower levels of the "bridge" will house technical spaces for the Flow Riders, lighting for the Aquatheater show, and exhaust uptakes for the galley fumes. The twin galley exhaust uptakes will start on Deck 3 and rise through the decks behind both rock climbing walls, then join together in the "bridge", and of course exit the ship through the smaller aft funnel on top of the "bridge".

Ernie

The only passenger access will be on the top level where the bar and Flow Riders are.

The lower levels of the "bridge" will house technical spaces for the Flow Riders, lighting for the Aquatheater show, and exhaust uptakes for the galley fumes. The twin galley exhaust uptakes will start on Deck 3 and rise through the decks behind both rock climbing walls, then join together in the "bridge", and of course exit the ship through the smaller aft funnel on top of the "bridge".

Ernie

Thanks!:cool: Another area that would've provided spectacular views. Exploring this ship is going to be fun.

What are the windows above the Rock Climbing Walls for? Staterooms? Extension of hall?

I read one post that said they are for Tech and lighting for the Aquatheatre. I don't know for sure though.

Now that's nice! :D Thanks for posting.

I've sailed on SOLSTICE (amazing ship BTW), and the problem with the Solstice Deck is it was always too windy up there to enjoy it. Hopefully this problem is eliminated on OASIS with the Solarium area. I have noticed while the Solarium is not completely glassed in, the glass ceiling area has tiered rows of glass, with open areas between each glass section. I'm sure they have done significant wind tunnel tests to determine this was the best design to allow air flow, but prevent extensive winds. At least I hope so.

Ernie

Its the first time I noticed it, and I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

Clearly in this photo, it doesn't exist.

Ernie

579865419_t72ak-L.jpg

Looking at the pictures from oasisoftheseas.com, and the dates of those photos, the track has been there since at least August 27th.

sbw_oasis_0203.JPG

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/downloadable-images.php?id=UNDER-CONSTRUCTION

Archived