Ketchup SNOB here

MedicKen

:confused::confused: what exactly would that go well with :confused::confused: I like bananas and even have a couple of plants in one of our greenhouses, but just can't picture (taste-wise) it...............:eek:

We grill with it. Put it on chicken or pork and it is the bomb.

I was telling my sister who works for Heinz about this thread and am sending her this link tomorrow...they just love it when Heinz is mentioned:o:o

You can check out all kinds of neat Heniz stuff at heinzstuff (you know the rest).:D:D:D

There is an awesome Gold Pickle Pin...

OMG....a gold pickle pin.

Who knew such a thing was available???!?!?! Mine is just green and plastic, I am placing my order right now.....

555778713_goldpickle.jpg.60777d4db0ca55968d50b02f16b50ec2.jpg

:confused::confused: what exactly would that go well with :confused::confused: I like bananas and even have a couple of plants in one of our greenhouses, but just can't picture (taste-wise) it...............:eek:

Like the previous poster, we grill with it. I've used it on fries too. I honestly thought it would be awful but it's really good! They let us sample it before we purchased it.

You can even buy it online, although I've tried to use it as an excuse to my husband for another cruise without success! LOL

http://www.baronfoods.com/detail.asp?prod_ID=1577

I guess I'm the only one the like Hunt's better. Heinz is too acidic for me.

No, actually your not. Theres a show we have up here in the Northeast called "The Phantom Gourmet". They did a blind taste test between Heinz and Hunt's and Hunt's beat out Heinz by a landslide.

Me, i really could not care less nor tell the difference, store brand for me is fine :D

I am out on limb here and maybe only Canadians can get Elman's - their horseradish and dill pickles cannot be touched by anyone, in fact the pickles you have to buy in the deli because the jars are not sealed tight like the others, more like a homemade that anything else, they are awesome. Help me out here fellow Canadians. Ketchup I am sorry to say, our Super Store brand you really cannot tell the difference. My nephew who is a BIG time Heinz person had to use mine as I refused to go out an buy him his special Heinz said it really was just a good (and a lot cheaper)

Not a chance! I grew up in Leamington, Ontario and the Heinz plant there just celebrated 100 years of producing. At one time that plant was the main source of employment in town and is still a major contributor to the local economy. Both my parents were retired supervisors and a couple of my siblings are long time Heinz employees. If you've grown up with Heinz products you can always tell the difference. That being said, Heinz factories do produce some of the no name products but the recipes are different. My kids can ALWAYS tell the difference. We've got Heinz memorabilia from our family members in our billiards room dating all the way back to the 1920's.

Originally from Pittsburgh (transplanted to Ohio about 25 years ago) and I still remember getting the pickle pins. We, too, only use Heinz ketchup.

I remember the pickle pins and going to the Heinz plant for a field trip in school.:)

I thought I was the only one who didn't like condiments. Love the looks I get when I ask for my hot dog with nothing on it. :D I don't like salad dressings either.

Of course I still only buy Heinz ketchup for my family.

I don't like salad dressing either or syrup.

I admit I am a BIG ketchup snob. If it isn't Heinz, it isn't ketchup. I am so big of a snob that I will boycott a resturant that doesn't serve Heinz.

SO my question is, does CCL have Heinz ketchup, or do I have to bring my own?

Thank you very much.

Seriously. Catsup???? I can't tell one from the other. I believe they serve the red stuff.

Seriously. Catsup???? I can't tell one from the other. I believe they serve the red stuff.

Oh no, no, no. This is Heinz we're talking about here. It's never called catsup:eek::D. Sounds like something you'd feed to Fluffy. Sacrilege.

:D

What are you planning to eat on a cruise ship that you'd put ketchup on?:eek:

I'm hoping that people reply they need it for the burgers/hot dogs and fries...because if someone says they need Heinz for a steak, I will gag.

I'm the same way. Heinz is the only REAL ketchup. I just sailed on the Splendor the week of 9/20. The ketchup bottles say Heinz but I'm positive that it is not Heinz ketchup in the bottles.

I agree--that is why I am bringing my own next time! :D

I'm hoping that people reply they need it for the burgers/hot dogs and fries...because if someone says they need Heinz for a steak, I will gag.

:DLMAO I have to admit, even though there was nothing but Heinz in our house growing up and I am definitely a Heinz ketchup snob, I have never, ever, ever used ketchup on a cruise ship. I just never order that kind of food on board.

Doc,

Burnt taste? Surely you jest.

Roz

No indeed, I am not kidding. I can pick Heinz every time in a blind taste test. It is very bland and a has a strong carmelized sugar aftertaste. This is a result of overly long processing to produce a thicker product without using corn starch or similar fillers to stiffen up the result.

When Hunt's was a product of Hunt-Wesson Foods div. of Ohio Blue Tip Match, their ketchup was close to a perfect blend of spiciness and texture. It is no longer that good since Con-Agra bought the brand.

Almost all commercial ketchup today is a poor substitute for the real stuff as it is made with high fructose corn syrup and that assures a muddy, less crisp taste. It does make for a cheaper to manufacture product, though.

Doc

I am originally from a small town in NJ that had a tomato cannery that also made ketchup. The only place they served it was at the local volunteer fire department when they had the fund raising breakfast. That was the only place I ever ate scrambled eggs withOUT ketchup. As far as I'm concerned, scrambled eggs or hamburgers, or french fries are merely Heinz ketchup delivery systems.:D I buy the big bottle 3 packs from Costco. I know it's time to get more ketchup when I get down to the last bottle. I hate to run out of Heinz.

Although they still grow tomatoes in the area, the cannery is no longer operational. Neither is the volunteer fire department.:(

Archived