Ketchup SNOB here

MedicKen

I admit I am a BIG ketchup snob. If it isn't Heinz, it isn't ketchup. I am so big of a snob that I will boycott a resturant that doesn't serve Heinz.

SO my question is, does CCL have Heinz ketchup, or do I have to bring my own?

Thank you very much.

Mike,

Hagerstown is close enough! :D Just down the Turnpike.

Bear, I don't think a big company like Carnival would risk a lawsuit by filling a Heinz bottle with rot gut.

Roz

Heinz ketchup and Heinz mustard are issued by Carnival. Heinz dominates the restaurant ketchup business by issuing restaurant pack bottles which are "sold" at virtual giveaway prices. Fine ketchup if you like a burnt taste to the product.

No commercial ketchup can hold a candle to home made. Try the recipe in the Kerr canning booklet.

Doc

But how do you know for sure they aren't filling the Heinz bottles with generic? :cool:

I can taste the difference.

Thank all of you.

BTW I own 6 pair of Heinz Ketchup socks 2 ties and a bunch if pickle pins too.

Thanks again

You know you're from the Burgh when you're overly concerned with condiments. :D

Ketchup, mustard, horseradish, pickles, relish, etc. Love them all, but they MUST be Heinz.

Roz

I can taste the difference.

Thank all of you.

BTW I own 6 pair of Heinz Ketchup socks 2 ties and a bunch if pickle pins too.

Thanks again

But you won't be able to tell until you get there....better bring some just in case. :cool:

GO STEELERS!!! :D

I admit I am a BIG ketchup snob. If it isn't Heinz, it isn't ketchup. I am so big of a snob that I will boycott a resturant that doesn't serve Heinz.

Thank you very much.

MedicKen,

My sister has worked for Heinz for 22 years....I will have to hook you up with some coupons:D:D:D

I agree and only enjoy the taste of Heinz. There is no other for us.

Thank you very much.

Ken, Carnival does have Heinz ketchup. I know what you mean about being a ketchup snob. Nothing like Heinz ketchup.:D

Thank you very much.

Your statements seem to be in conflict with themselves.:D

First you sat you will boycott any restaurant that does not have Heinz ketchup.

Then you say or will have to bring my own, I wonder why you will not boycott a restaurant on a cruise ship that does not serve Heinz. ;)

I guess I'm the only one the like Hunt's better. Heinz is too acidic for me.

Same here, but I think it's from growing up and having a dad who worked for Beatrice/Hunt-Wesson for a long time. :D

(Then again, he also worked for Peter Pan, and I can only hope that they changed the formula because nothing excuses that travesty of a "peanut butter.")

I am not from PIT (though my company is there). I have loved Heinz for years. Once, my new husband brought home a STORE BRAND and I told him we didn't use that... ONLY Heinz!

Funny subject, but I do understand!!!

See you in PIT next week :)

Thank you very much.

Too funny-we live in Muscatine, Ia and there is a Heinz plant here. We only buy Heinz and can smell when they are making the ketchup.

I am out on limb here and maybe only Canadians can get Elman's - their horseradish and dill pickles cannot be touched by anyone, in fact the pickles you have to buy in the deli because the jars are not sealed tight like the others, more like a homemade that anything else, they are awesome. Help me out here fellow Canadians. Ketchup I am sorry to say, our Super Store brand you really cannot tell the difference. My nephew who is a BIG time Heinz person had to use mine as I refused to go out an buy him his special Heinz said it really was just a good (and a lot cheaper)

Too funny-we live in Muscatine, Ia and there is a Heinz plant here. We only buy Heinz and can smell when they are making the ketchup.

(hijack)

Howdy neighbor! I'm 'upstream' from you about 40 minutes north of the Quad Cities. The only thing we smell here is ADM! LOL

Archived