Quick review of the Dream

VolzCruiser

Who was the entertainer on the promenade deck? What did you think of the rest of the entertainment? Did you do the comedy club?

I didn't pay too much attention to the promenade deck entertainers. Although I did like a couple of the Atrium entertainers. One act was the piano player and young lady who could really belt out the songs. The other was a Jazz guitarist. Didn't get names but really like what their performances.

We are scheduled for the Dream Trans-Atlantic cruise in about 20 days. I am so excited. My question is: did you bring Euros and about how much did you really need? I am also bringing my credit card. What about american money? Did they take that?

Welcome to Cruise Critic Honeygirl. I did take about 300 Euros and had to get more out of an atm while in port. I found that getting the Euros straight out of the Atm is safer than getting a whole bunch before the trip and taking a chance of getting them stolen or lost. Also If I remember correctly it cheaper doing it this way cause my bank charged me more than if I just got them out of a atm in Europe. I did take some dollars but not much but you can convert dollars to Euros on board ship, on deck 5 right outside the disco.

...The menu items I like the most such as the pumpkin soup and the Long Island Duck were still great.

When I first read that - I thought that perhaps the "Pepper-Seared Supreme of Young Long Island Duckling" was back... but I suppose you are just referring to the appetizer - correct?

Oh well - it was one of my GO-TO favorites (along with Gravlaks), both of which are history... :(

Tom

We are scheduled for the Dream Trans-Atlantic cruise in about 20 days. I am so excited. My question is: did you bring Euros and about how much did you really need? I am also bringing my credit card. What about american money? Did they take that?

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congrats on your upcoming TA on Dream.

When I first read that - I thought that perhaps the "Pepper-Seared Supreme of Young Long Island Duckling" was back... but I suppose you are just referring to the appetizer - correct?

Oh well - it was one of my GO-TO favorites (along with Gravlaks), both of which are history... :(

Tom

It was the entree Young Long Island Duckling.

It was the entree Young Long Island Duckling.

Could you hear me down here in Florida - I just yelled out "YES"!! :D

Thanks,

Tom

(Edit - I hope it's not on one of the 4 nights we have in Chef's Art... if so, I will need to talk the Maitre d' into sending that to my cabin for a late night snack! -- of course your 12 night menu is obviously going to differ from our 9 night version...)

I didn't pay too much attention to the promenade deck entertainers. Although I did like a couple of the Atrium entertainers. One act was the piano player and young lady who could really belt out the songs. The other was a Jazz guitarist. Didn't get names but really like what their performances.

Thanks, we're looking at booking for 1/2/10 and was curious. Gonna wait until 60 day frame to see who cancels what rooms.

From the Cabin you could hear bits and pieces from the Promenade on the Balconies and I was in cabin 9272. I did have one sound issue and that was due to how the singer and piano is setup on the stairs in atrium, It allowed for it to be carried all the way into my cabin while I was trying to get to sleep.

Our cabin is on deck 11 in about the same location as yours. How late did they play? Did you notice it everynight or only with certain entertainers? Was it really loud? We will take earplugs with us, do you think that will be enough?

Our cabin is on deck 11 in about the same location as yours. How late did they play? Did you notice it everynight or only with certain entertainers? Was it really loud? We will take earplugs with us, do you think that will be enough?

Guys-This is EXACTLY why I'm soooo careful WHERE I book my cabin! After 24 cruises,I've learned my lesson...ALWAYS book your cabin that has cabins both above and below you....unless you are both HEAVY sleepers,ALWAYS check the deck plans and book your cabin accordingly...if you use a TA/CA,ask them to make sure your cabin is NOT above/below/next to a public place like a lounge,bar,showroom,etc....Happy cruising!

Big Al

VolzCruiser,

Do you what Carnival was charging for euros?

Thanks!

Since I didn't actually use the Euro exchange I can't tell you for sure but when reading what the daily exchange rate was I didn't see a surcharge or any other charges involved.

[quote name='CorvetteLady']Our cabin is on deck 11 in about the same location as yours. How late did they play? Did you notice it everynight or only with certain entertainers? Was it really loud? We will take earplugs with us, do you think that will be enough?[/quote]

They played until about 12:00 and it was only really one singer that I heard the most and it was the young lady and the piano player that I liked alot and she could really belt them out. Ear plugs would be enough. I do wish that Carnival would just close certain fire doors to help block the music from carrying.

[quote name='afcj1']Just wondering if when they built the DREAM, if they put in any more electrical outlets in the room...or is it the usual 1:rolleyes:

Thanks.[/quote]

Actually there is one less outlet they removed the outlet from the bathroom. So in the room you only have standard U.S. plug and Euro plug.

Thanks for the review. I found the same things to be true when we sailed Liberty and she was stilll a new ship. It seemed like the crew was frazzled and unorganized compared to other Carnival cruises we have been on. It seemed they were less friendly also.

That being said, I would love to sail the Dream in the near future, welcome back, and... GO VOLS! :p

[quote name='VolzCruiser']It is that is why I carry one of these

[URL]http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400738[/URL]

You can normally find them on line for about $20[/quote]

Thanks. I guess the surge protector stays on the packing list!

[quote name='VolzCruiser']It is that is why I carry one of these

[URL]http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400738[/URL]

You can normally find them on line for about $20[/quote]

$16.99 at Amazon --- a pretty good deal!

Tom

[SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks for the info Volz:) . I also look forward to your longer review in the future. I just upgraded to a Cat 11 Suite that is farthest forward on deck 7. It's my hope that I can look straight down at the water from there ? It does look from photo's as well as the deck plans, That the outdoor Deck 5 party deck sticks further out starting about 3 or 4 cabins further down from mine as I am 6 cabins from the front ? I hope Im right :D.. Im grabbing a cabin with some extra motion issues in order to see that great water line. Thanks again and welcome home..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived