LIVE From the Freedom of the Seas

Here we are in Bolaro's yesterday waiting to go into dinner in the MDR.

DSCN9502.jpg

Last night in the MDR was "Lobster Night" which is really a Sea Food Platter with a Lobster Tail and Grilled Shrimp. But it was pretty good! Last night they also offered Prime Rib which was Excellent!

Most of us at our table had both! :eek:

One thing about RCI Ships is that art work everywhere in addition to stuff on display for the art auctions. Most of it does not interest me but some I like. I thought that these two pieces on Deck 6, aft, near the starboard elevators are pretty neat. There is a small hand crank for each one that you can turn to animate them a bit.

DSCN9422.jpgDSCN9421.jpg

Hey Trainman-----As usual, love following your live posts..Thank you for this great review and the awesome pictures...Would love to book this cruise, but we are also "evil smokers" and if DH can't find smoking in the shade or a decent bar/pub...rut-roh;)

You're house in Palm Coast looks beautiful, hopefully you can get unpacked and settled before the Oasis:D

Again, thanks for your time, and btw, you and Carol look wonderful:)(Must be all that sea air);):):D

Thanks again for your time and effort! We will be sailing the Western route in December, and you have given all of us a great arm-chair vacation. I always love the art on the ships, and have spend more than one sea-day walking up and down each deck to check out the wonderful art.

Great job, Trainman-2! It's been informative, photo-filled, and entertaining! In a word - Wonderful!

It is time for me to say Goodbye and Thanks For Tuning In!

I spent much of the day exploring this wonderful ship and have a camera stuffed full of photos. I will post a bunch from home Saturday night and Sunday to close out this cruise report.

Other than our problems with smoking areas, the Freedom is a great Ship, the crew is wonderful, and once they realized that Carol had problems moving through crowded areas they started running interference and making way for her.

I give the ship, the crew, and the overall cruise experience the highest possible rating.

We will be back on the Freedom next year!

We were on the last eastern sail before trainman, Sept. 20th to 27th...and I have the Compass right here. The week we were on it was day 2 Monday and day 6 Friday. Hmmmm, it's possible they could change it....:confused:

Can you let me know who the pub entertainer was?

Thanks,

We sail 11/8. per RCCL:

The entertainment schedule for the Freedom of the Seas sailing November 8, 2009 is:

MARINO & DANIEL-COMEDY DUO

DAN WILSON-COMEDIAN

DREW THOMAS-MAGICIAN - NOW YOU SEE IT

AL ROMAS-COMEDIAN

LARISSA AND JERRY SHERMAN-FEATURED ICE ACT

PAUL O'SHEA-COCKTAIL PIANIST

STEVE DUELL-PUB ENTERTAINER

MAMBO YE-LATIN TRIO

PRODUCTION SHOWS: ONCE UPON A TIME - MARQUEE - NOW YOU SEE IT

I have googled a few. Counting the days- 4 weeks

djay

I have greatly enjoyed reading this thread and looking at your pictures. The FOS will always have a special place in my heart. My fiancee proposed to me on our balcony at sundown in March on the Freedom. I can't wait until our honeymoon cruise on Oasis in June!

It is time for me to say Goodbye and Thanks For Tuning In!

We will be back on the Freedom next year!

Thanks for the Great "LIVE" Report !

I loved the photos and commentary. . . . It seems like the two of you had a great time !

Thanks again. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks trainman, enjoyed the pics. I'm looking at the FOS right now through my window. Always get up to watch it come in and turn around. Drive safely.

You gave a interesting view of the struggles of smokers on a RCCL ship.

Trainman-2, thanx for all the reports and pix. Can't wait to board in 2 weeks.

O_hi_O lady, Hi Gail, just the little old toad hoppin in. How are you and Ken. Looks like you will be getting off while we get on, unless you want to stay for an extra week. I don't know about the Pub, but i can tell you about the piano in the Schooner Bar. Paul O'Shea is a cutie patootie who is great at the piano and sings up a storm. He is not to be missed We met him on the TA in the spring and ahd a ball in the Schooner eveynight. Can you imagine, i even closed the place more than once or twice. Definitely spend some time with him, and keep at the piano warm for me. I'll look for you departing as we arrive. Hugs to you both

Here is Carol yesterday coming down the steps from the Helli-Pad showing off one of her "Marine Mom" shirts.

DSCN9487.jpg

And here is a photo of the Proud Mom and our Marine taken in Pensacola, FL about a year ago.

DSCN6676.jpg

love the shirt, we have a granson at camp lag.....

and he's only 19..............i'll take my t-shirt too

Boleros is a dance bar. There are two dance floors. One on each side of the walk way. Although the smoking side is never used. The latin band is there pretty late and people start dancing aroung ten.

we were on the monarch and really missed the latin band. not to say the r&r band wasn't any good, but the columbians on the mariner spoiled us

WOW.................that's all I can say, Trainman! We board on Sunday (also Eastern) and can't wait! And now we are even more and more excited after getting your photo journal..............and that Diamond breakfasat looks really yummy.........what are the hours of the Diamond lounge...not sure what to think of this new setup......

btw, we pass through Rock Hill all the time as we are in Columbia and take our Granddaughter back to Charlotte (like we did last night)!

We'll be in Palm Coast on Friday night and can't help but think of you guys..............hope u r getting settled in.............it is so touching how protective you are of Carol ;)

If you get a chance, please come back and tell us who the entertainment was during your sailing. I'm still waiting on Crown & Anchor to respond........yawn.........

Archived