Need a Hotel in Boston on the Freedom Trail

TennesseeTeachers

Boston is a small city and hotel rooms are very expensive. Could you tell us your dates, how many people, budget, how many beds, and any other details? Many folks have used Priceline or Hotwire to get 3*+ hotels at more reasonable rates, but these are nonrefundable reservations. If the hotels are in Back Bay/Copley, Theater District, Financial District or Quincy Market, you will have reasonable access to the Freedom Trail even if you must take a short "T" ride.

Columbus Day Weekend. Wow! I'm seeing a 4 1/2* hotel for Oct 9 for $129 right now on Hot Wire in the Quincy Market area. It is nonrefundable. I'd grab that in a heartbeat. That would most likely be the Langham or the Intercontinental.

I was hoping for a hotel near the middle of the freedom trail so I could half one day and half the other and save on walking and backtracking.

Still looking and THANK YOU for everyone's feed back.

PS: just for laughs, I am a US History teacher and did not make the Columbus Day connection, just excited about fall break

Darrell Duncan

No offense but that's crazy. Boston is so small. You can get a 4 1/2* hotel just blocks from the Freedom Trail for $129 on Hotwire. The Omni Parker House is $289 for the same date. $160 will buy 25+ short cab rides in downtown Boston. FYI - there is no cachet to staying on the "Freedom" Trail - it is not a real trail, but a suggested walking tour on local streets through Boston.

However, if money is no object, then try the Bostonian Hotel at Faneuil Hall, which is showing for $269/night or the Harborside Inn which is showing at $259.

It's easy to not to backtrack on the trail. If you walk all the way to the Constitution in Charlestown, you can take an MBTA water ferry for $1.70 back to Long Wharf/Aquarium. The other half of the trail is through downtown, so all you have to do to not repeat is pick a parallel street to walk back. Also, for the first half of the trail you could take a cab to the start of the trail on the Boston Common and walk back towards your hotel area.

138 East,

Your the best. Thanks for all the advice. I was looking at the Northend area since it is "mid" area.

I was not sure of Bostons size, since it is my first visit. I appreciate all your advice and help. Any advice on what the "must" sees on the freedom trail is also appreciated. If you ever are coming to Nashville, let me know and I will fill you in on the area.

Darrell Duncan

Hope you get a great hotel. The North End may be the middle of the trail, but there are not really any hotels in the middle of it. Everything is so close that I don't think it is worth twice the money to stay just a few short blocks away. But to each his own.

If you like to walk, check out the Boston Harborwalk - http://www.tbha.org/programs_harborwalk.htm. This points to their website which is not working for me right now.

Archived