NCL luggage options from Ship to Airport

UandMe4Ever

Hi all,

We just found out about NCL'S luggage plan. It's $19.99 p/p for 2 bags each if your carrier is part of this. My questions:

How do we know we still personally won't have to do customs w/ our luggage at MIA, FL back to Newark, NJ and will they get on the correct flight? Do they "automatically" clear same from the cruise line? No sense in paying $40. if we will end up having to clear customs w/ luggage at the airport and also, how would we know we need to do so and allow enough time?

I understand NCL does your boarding pass and luggage tags (included in price) which are provided to yo the last night when you place luggage outside your cabin.

If anyone has used this option, we would appreciate all input, good and bad. I couldn't find anything more specific on their website.

We are sailing on October 30th on the 14 night Jewel Repo..NY back to Miami, FL.

Many thanks in advance for your valuable information.

Yes, you will have to collect your bags and go through customs in Miami, IF that is your first US place of entry.

The feature of the bags program, is that it goes direct to the airport at your departure, from the cruiseship.

ALL bags have to clear with flight arrivals. Think about it. They certainly are NOT going to have "special" bags that don't. Your bags are tagged to your destination. It is easy to verify this in Miami. There will be a bag drop off areas once through customs. Is this your first international flight???

Hi Thanks for the quick reply. No it isn't. Usually we clear customs back in the NY or NJ terminals (or FL) . Thought there is a different scenario (according to NCL baggage page)! It's OK w/ me to clear customs w/ luggage. Safety First !!!

We'll just grab a cab w/ our luggage in MIA, check in, get our boarding pass there and meet w/ friends for a few hours before our 4:00 takeoff to NJ

Thanks very much - Think we'll save the $40 and buy lunch in Miami..:-)

2nd afterthought: We may just do it! Then we don't have to tip the Porters at the pier to get the luggage to the Cab and from the Cab inside the MIA terminal. We'll only end up saving $20 bucks, which just might be worth not "schlepping" the luggage...we'll see.

Thanks again

We used this service on Celebrity and we left our bags outside the door and the next time we saw them were at the airport in NYC, very easy getting off the ship with a carry on them off to a cab. We are also on the 14 night 10-30 Repo, I think we will also be takig advantage of this

Thanks, maybe we'll see you on board. Are you going to the M&G on 10-31? I believe we will attend just to see what its about. Never did a M&G before.

One thing I'm still confused about: If we do the "bag plan", will we have to clear customs in MIA or when we get back to our home airport, Newark, NJ

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, maybe we'll see you on board. Are you going to the M&G on 10-31? I believe we will attend just to see what its about. Never did a M&G before.

One thing I'm still confused about: If we do the "bag plan", will we have to clear customs in MIA or when we get back to our home airport, Newark, NJ

Thanks in advance.

I don't know why the bag plan would be any different but don't you clear customs at the port when you disembarK?

We are flying American and they charge $15.00 per bag. I assume then it the price is $35.00. When is this $15.00 paid and to who? How can I get my boarding passes before I get off the ship without using this service and what does it cost?

You either take your own bags off, or find them on the pier. You then take them through customs and to the taxi. Not really a big issue.

I personally would not do bags, as somebody ELSE is then in control. Since I already have to walk off the ship, and go through customs and go to the taxi stand to the airport counter, why not take the bags along?

Archived