Update--My Issues with my TA~ PRIDE Sailing

poshholly

:)About a week ago I posted about having OBC's for my Pride Sailing and the TA didn't know where that was coming from?!?!?!

Thanks to whomever posted a reply about the 4Day Triple Play b/c that was the promo---However, the Pride was NOT one of the ships offering it

I wasn't as concerned about receiving the OBC of $200 as I was someone admitting that we really did have conversations about that deal--didn't want them thinking I was nuts--I knew we discussed it!!!!

Apparently, my TA was looking at the promo too and even has her original notes in my file where the OBC was circled and part of her offer

After a week Carnival finally called my TA back today and said we did get the upgrade to balcony but the OBC($200) was not part of the offer for 'that' ship

I thought it was big of my TA to eat the $$ and still attach a $200 OBC in addition to my upgrade and 2nd room with 2 senior rates--making my deal as sweeeeet as I remembered it was

Anyway---thanks for the replies--and to whomever it was that posted about the Triple Play sale---that led me in the right direction and though I called my TA out on it---she still kept her end of the deal:)

That is exceptionally good of her since it will cost her money. In a small agency, the commission is 10% of the CRUISE FARE, not the total.

So for example on a category 8, 7 day cruise, the commission for a small agency may be $60 to 70 per person if that. So it will cost her somewhere around $60 to $80, from her wallet, to provide you with that OBC.

No wonder I only run my travel agency part time, for friends, family and our own bookings. TA's get the blame when anything goes wrong and everybody wants a cut. Yes this time she did read the promo wrong. I wonder how many of us in our regular jobs make mistakes and it costs us big money like this? No one cuts anyone any slack. Hey she made a mistake. If you could see the booking pages and how confusing they can be, you would make mistakes too. Anyway, that's all just my opinion looking from the other side of the checkbook.

Anyway---thanks for the replies--and to whomever it was that posted about the Triple Play sale---that led me in the right direction and though I called my TA out on it---she still kept her end of the deal:)

WOW! First time I've read that the TA didn't blame Carnival for his/her incompetence!

:eek:

Archived