PVP or online?

Desilin

Do I book with a pvp or online and can I have the pvp plan air and hotel as well or just the cruise and is it alot more expensive to go through the pvp for air as well or about the same?

Sorry about all the questions just wanna get all points of view before I book!

It's almost always cheaper to book your own air/hotel....and depending on the airport and port, taking a cab to the ship is usually (but not always!!!) the cheapest way to go, and is fast, too.

If you have alot of time, you can have the PVP book the air and hotel, then start searching for better deals on your own. You can alway cancel the air/hotel before the penalty period, when you find better flights, deals, hotels, ...whatever!

Unless you are hopeless with computers by all means book your own everything. You keep control, you book what you want. If you read up on sites like this one you will learn enough to get the deals, know the pitfalls etc.

A PVP can take care of everything.

I used one my first cruise (for the cruise only) as I was pretty stupid about cruises and wanted assurance everything was take care of.

In them booking a hotel/airfare is you lose a lot of your potential choices at to when and where, at a higher cost. Book these one your own and if you have a comfort level, book everything yourself using an online TA. Taht way you choose where you want to stay and the airline schedule you want.

For example, I would never take the last flight in and prefer the night before (at a minimum).

I let Carnival book my flight ONCE and then never again. Here was my flight schedule-----Milwaukee to St Louis to Memphis to Montgomery to Tampa and finally to Ft Lauderdale. I'll book my own flights, thank you.

I let Carnival book my flight ONCE and then never again. Here was my flight schedule-----Milwaukee to St Louis to Memphis to Montgomery to Tampa and finally to Ft Lauderdale. I'll book my own flights, thank you.

Agree as I've heard that more than once. Just think how many segments you received on your frequent flyer account though ;) .

I always book online on my schedule, not somebody else's...

We use a pvp for booking the cruise. You could probably book the cruise yourself, but there is no $$ savings and pvp's sometimes have access to cabins not bookable on-line. I had this experience just last week. Could not get the cabins for a family close enough together, called the pvp and she did. Also, they can answer questions about the ship, cabins, etc.

Having said that, I will not let them book my air. In my experience, when the cruilseline books the air, you get no choice about the flights and you don't find out which flight you are on until just before you sail. Cruiselines book to get the cheapest rates, regardless of what they have charged you. I prefer to book my own cheap rate and choose the timing that suits me. Same for hotels, I can do better by researching on-line (love those senior discounts).

Happy Cruising!

Elsie:cool:

Archived