soda pop pkg question???

Can anyone tell me a little about the softdrink package. How much? what is included?( just sodas? or is stuff like red bull included) Also are fruit drinks free or are they included (cranberry juice) I will be going on a 7 day cruise in a couple weeks and am stating think about these things.

I have cruised but have never bought the adult pkg. and my kids never wanted anything but soda pops.

It runs about $6 per day, about $40 per person. Yes, you can get juices, the ones that the bars use as mixers. One lady at my table got Dr. Pibb and a glass of cranberry juice and a coke every night (and then passed them out to her family sharing). Not supposed to share and she wasnt exactly subtle, but they said they were going to get their $40 worth. She said during the day she was more subtle.

Fountain Card is available for unlimited soda (coke products) and juice from any bar. No, I do not believe Red Bull is included (that I know of). The cost of the card is $6.00 per day for adults and $4.50 per day for kids (17 and under). Of course you have to add in the 15% gratuity to this.

People often ask if it is a good deal. Using the card will entitle you to a cup of soda each time you go to a bar and ask. Sodas cost $1.95 plus 15% gratuity. The cup of soda holds about 3/4 of the can, maybe a little less. So, doing the math you would have to consume more than 4.5 cups of soda per day to break even.

1 can=12oz 1 cup=8oz (approx)

3 cans=36oz 4.5 cups=36oz

3 cans=$6.72 w/grat 4.5 cups=$6.90 w/grat

However, for kids the break even point is 3.5 cups of soda per day.

• 2 weeks later...
Fountain Card is available for unlimited soda (coke products) and juice from any bar. No, I do not believe Red Bull is included (that I know of). The cost of the card is $6.00 per day for adults and $4.50 per day for kids (17 and under). Of course you have to add in the 15% gratuity to this.

People often ask if it is a good deal. Using the card will entitle you to a cup of soda each time you go to a bar and ask. Sodas cost $1.95 plus 15% gratuity. The cup of soda holds about 3/4 of the can, maybe a little less. So, doing the math you would have to consume more than 4.5 cups of soda per day to break even.

1 can=12oz 1 cup=8oz (approx)

3 cans=36oz 4.5 cups=36oz

3 cans=$6.72 w/grat 4.5 cups=$6.90 w/grat

However, for kids the break even point is 3.5 cups of soda per day.

I too am confused about what you have to pay for in various places.

All I seem to have figured out is:

Juice and soda and coffee are free in the buffet area but you are charged for soda and juice at the bar.

What I still don't know is:

Regular, plain old coffee is free or not free at the bar?

Iced tea - free at the buffet, not free at the bar?

Water vs. bottled water? Can I get a glass of tap water at the bar?

If I bring my water bottle to the bar, will they refill it for me with tap water?

Milk - where is it available and where is it included and where is it extra?

What is included vs. extra for room service?

Not sure what is free and what is not free in the MDR. Adults pay for

soda but kids have a soda included in the meal (maybe).?

I too am confused about what you have to pay for in various places.

All I seem to have figured out is:

Juice and soda and coffee are free in the buffet area but you are charged for soda and juice at the bar.

What I still don't know is:

Regular, plain old coffee is free or not free at the bar?

Iced tea - free at the buffet, not free at the bar?

Water vs. bottled water? Can I get a glass of tap water at the bar?

If I bring my water bottle to the bar, will they refill it for me with tap water?

Milk - where is it available and where is it included and where is it extra?

What is included vs. extra for room service?

Not sure what is free and what is not free in the MDR. Adults pay for

soda but kids have a soda included in the meal (maybe).?

Coffee, Iced-Tea and water are all available for free from the drink stations on the lido deck buffet area. Milk is available in the buffet lines for free.

All of the above is also free in the MDR.

Soda and bottled water is available at any bar or in the MDR for $$$. Carnival no longer offers free soda in the MDR for the kiddies.

Specialy coffee is available from the Cafe on the Promenade deck for $$$.

We always just bring our own soda on board... it's cheaper AND I can monitor how much my kids drink... you can also restock in port if you're a BIG soda drinker. We had our steward remove what was in the fridge and put our own stuff in. It was perfect. Bottled water, soda and snacks. Then we'd pack them in a small soft cooler and take them to port with us.

so there is no problem bringing our own soda onboard with us? How much can we bring? Is it the same with bottled water?

This has a bit of info about bringing large coolers as luggage:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Basically, it says that you can bring a small cooler (12x12x12) of non-alcoholic stuff per person.

Carnival has an "eBrochure" about things you should know that explains more about what you can bring and how much.

http://www.carnival-brochures.com/welcome/ebook.asp?w=1600

On pg 32/33 is a "Liquor and Beverage" policy that tells you the official rules.

I don't have a good feel from the boards how strict they are.

Good luck-

hb5.

Do they serve Sprite Zero?

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

Pg 4 or 5 has the non-alcoholic drink list.

Looks like Coke products and I don't see Sprite Zero. I see "Pibb Xtra"

for those of you from the south... (or at least my DH who grew up in TN tells me that it is a southern thing). My kids will be happy to see the

orange soda.

Archived