How's the Carnival Triumph?

Cruiser_Guy

Hows the Carnival Triumph? I am booked on the 6/11/05 sailing from Norfolk, VA. Its the 2 night cruise to nowhere. I am in category 12, how is it? Is the ship nice? Hows the staff? Food? :confused:

Thanks

Joe

I was on her in August/September '99. It was only a 4 Day Canada cruise to Halifax so there were probobly fewer people than normal, but the amount of people onboard wasn't all that bad, though I remember it being slightly more crowded than the Fantasy class which I was so used to. The same should apply to the 2 day cruise from Norfolk- I don't believe there will be very many people on that sailing compared to a 7 day Caribbean cruise.

Who should I book it with? I have a few reservations. I was thinking Carnival or Travelocity. If I book it thru carnival, how fast will I get my tickets ect? I would like to get them before presidential week.

Also, does anyone have access to how many rooms are booked, or should I just ask carnival when I book it?

Well, being a Travel agent, that answer would be biased. Why don't you try a local travel agency. That way you will probobly get the best service. I don't know about Travelocity and Expedia, but most of the online agencies seem to be no good. Would it be all right with the mods if I named some of the worst?

I posted a review of my Dec. 11th trip. You'll have to do a search, it's in two parts, Triumph Review, Dec. 11 Part I and Part II.

Everything was great except for a few minor things. We had the Western itinerary, and it should be crowded in June, you've got all the kids out from school. It hold 3,000 passengers and our cruise was full, just not a lot of kids.

• 1 month later...

we just returned 2/11/05 from a 7 day cruise on the triumph, the food is awesome the dining rooms are very pretty and the staff are very helpful and fun we were in a inside cabin but reallly wish we would have had a balcony the rooms were kept very clean as was the whole ship i am sure you will wish you had more than 2 days you can eat 24 hours a day if you want try the sandwiches in the hong kong deli they were great for lunch but definately do the dining room for dinner i never had anything i didnt like in 7 days the highlights were playing in the venetian lounge we really enjoyed their dance music it was fun to watch everyone dance but get ther early it gets crowded

I loved the Triumph! One major thing you can do is study the deck plans and become familiar with the ship. By the second day (many wrong turns and dead ends the first day) we pretty much figure out the quickest routes to everything! Have a good time and pack your patience!

There are always some specials the first night. Take the spa tour as soon as you get on board and book then. I always do a seaweed detox wrap the first night to make room for all the tox's the rest of the week! I am on the Triumph April 23. Enjoy...

My husband and I leave this Saturday on the Triumph - Eastern cruise. Can't wait. We have a 9a cabin - love those balconies!!! I was on the Victory 2 years ago and know that the Triumph is the same layout, etc. FIrst time for my husband on an eastern. We did the Conquest in Dec. 2003 - Western - so my husband is looking forward to doing this one and comparing ships, itineraries, etc.

• 1 month later...

We have been on the triumph 2 times and sailing her may 21 she is one of the best ships by far went on the Glory last year and we hated having to go through customs when getting i nto ST.Thomas so we will not cruise her unless they go somewhere different like SanJaun,ST.Thomas. St.Martian. we love the easteren have done this 5 years in a row nothing like it.

• 1 month later...

HELLO,

i AM BOOKED ON THE TRIUMPH FOR 7/11.WE ARE IN CAT 12 AND MY POOR DEPRIVED BOYS-21,18,15 ARE ACROSS THE HALL.

ANYTHING YOU COULD PASS ON ABOUT THE SHIP INCLUDING TIPS ON THE FOOD AND SHOWS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU

Hi -- we're on July 11 also - cat 8 guarantee, but it looks like we (at least temporarily) have an 8C upgrade - right in the front of the ship by the bridge - probably a little bit rocky, but we'll wear our sea-bands and hope for the best. We're really excited, too and would appreciate any info you could give us - thanks

Archived