How's the Carnival Triumph?

Cruiser_Guy

We just returned from a 6 day cruise aboard the Triumph on June 4th. It was wonderful! Our cabin steward (Joko) was terrific. When he found out we had brought Diet Pepsi aboard so my husband wouldn't go into withdrawls, Joko made sure we had two ice buckets that were filled at all times. We never had to ask him for anything....he just seemed to anticipate our needs and filled them quietly and unobtrusively. Yes, we tipped him extra. :)

We had the early dinner seating in the Paris dining room (upper level) and had a great waiter. We usually went with his recommendations and he never steered us wrong. He was attentive without being a 'hover-er".

We had booked a guarantee ocean view cabin and were quite pleased with it. But next cruise, we are going to spring for a balcony cabin.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and are already planning our next one. :D

Hey GeecheGirl,

Did they have the new bedding or new beds? The new bedding should be duvets and super comfy sheets.

We're going on the Triumph on the 23rd to Halifax, it would be great to know if these upgrades have been done...

Thanks!!!

Hey GeecheGirl,

Did they have the new bedding or new beds? The new bedding should be duvets and super comfy sheets.

We're going on the Triumph on the 23rd to Halifax, it would be great to know if these upgrades have been done...

Thanks!!!

I don't know if the beds were new but they sure were hard. The pillows were the complete opposite....soft & mushy. The comforter was down filled and very comfy. And the sheets were nice...not hard and scratchy at all. DH & I both slept very well.

The bedding has not ben replaced and probably won't be until scheduled maintenance around November. Even so the Triumph is a great ship - we were on a holiday sailing and she was full to capacity and the only time that was a problem was if you went late to find a deck chair. Otherwise, you didn't know there were 2000 others aboard. We met some great crew members - Tata in the dining room and James a bartender, in particular. The decor is nice, the food is good and have a wonderful trip. I know I will - I'm sailing on her again next week!!!!

We were on the Triumph May 21st-28th and I would say that the bedding is new. They had the nice white down comforters and more comfortable pillows and sheets. I thought it was a nice improvement. The beds were good too..nice and firm. We slept well!

Sue

Archived