Which cruise lines offer babysitting for children at age 2?

Sigyn

Which cruise lines offer babysitting options (preferrably in room) for children who are under 3 years old, but toilet trained? I know that Carnival and NCL have children's programs for children under 3 (no one else does, right?) But who has babysitting available at a per-hour fee for children? Celebrity does this, right? Who else? And how easy is it to get an available babysitter?

thanks!

Royal Caribbean also has in cabin babysitting. The rate is $10-12/hour, payable in cash to the babysitter. Availability is not guaranteed. Available hours are 8 am -2 am. You can sign up at the purser's desk. I did not have trouble getting a babysitter for my requested times.

Both P&O and Cunard offer babysitting for under 2s - in fact, any child over 6 months old, nappy-trained or not. They do not offer in cabin babysitting, but rather have night nurseries ie dedicated quiet/dark rooms with a selection of cots for the little ones to sleep in attached to the main children's facilities.

We actually prefer group babysitting - it increases the safety factor as the sitters are on public duty. We've found this to work quite well and junior had no problem settling after being carried back to our cabin.

P&O are open to 2am, Cunard midnight. Both are free and gratis until midnight, P&O sometimes charges after that point (although they didn't when we cruised with them). Both excellent cruise lines for little 'uns.

NCL allows kids in their Kid's Crew program once they're 2. If they're not potty trained, they'll give you a 'phone' so that you can be reached in case of a soiled diaper. From what I've seen of the toddlers (they're in a separate area from my daughter's age group), they always seem to be having a wonderful time. :) They also provide after-hours group care for a fee (10pm - 1am I believe), but no in-cabin babysitting.

With NCL's Freestyle dining, the flexibility can also be very nice to have when you're travelling with a child. Mine was 9 when we started and it was still nice to not have to rush her to eat when she wasn't hungry yet or wait while she was.

Carnival also offers babysitting from 10pm to 2am. I haven't used it myself (doing first "family" cruise in April) but what I have heard from others is that it is $6/hr. :)

Also, most Carnival ships also offer anytime dining so that you don't have to be stuck with a certain dining time if you don't want it.

Archived