Good Morning America to broadcast live onboard Oasis Nov 19th

I just read a comment over on Facebook from someone who is going on this pre-inaugural on Nov 19th who said that Good Morning America will be broadcasting live.

I googled GMA and Oasis and there was a contest for some local affiliates so it seems to be true. http://www.getawaywithgma.com/hartford/rules.aspx

Unfortunately, the contest is closed.

Has anyone else heard about this?

I'm sure this news coverage will be on youtube once it airs. Don't worry everyone. One note: Someone said something about GMA's covereage of Freedom? I saw the Today Show coverage of Freedom, did GMA also cover the ship? The Today crew was onboard when it was anchored outside of the Statue of Liberty. I too am dissapointed if Today doesn't do a piece on Oasis as I watch the Today show everday, not GMA!

I'm sure this news coverage will be on youtube once it airs. Don't worry everyone. One note: Someone said something about GMA's covereage of Freedom? I saw the Today Show coverage of Freedom, did GMA also cover the ship? The Today crew was onboard when it was anchored outside of the Statue of Liberty. I too am dissapointed if Today doesn't do a piece on Oasis as I watch the Today show everday, not GMA!

No, it was only Today Show. Someone was confused.

I'll be recording both the Digital HD and Analog SD (backup for the first) feeds when it airs. I'll be encoding the entire thing into Divx and keeping it. If there are any good scenes I could encode them into 720P and upload to Youtube. I have done this with some NBC Late Night segments and NBC banned them so it may not last, all depends on ABCs leniency.

I still have my copy of the Today Show's visit from 2006 (SD as they were not HD at that time) as well as the segment from the day before when they were promoting it and showed live shots of her arrival into NYC.

I'll be recording both the Digital HD and Analog SD (backup for the first) feeds when it airs. I'll be encoding the entire thing into Divx and keeping it. If there are any good scenes I could encode them into 720P and upload to Youtube. I have done this with some NBC Late Night segments and NBC banned them so it may not last, all depends on ABCs leniency.

I still have my copy of the Today Show's visit from 2006 (SD as they were not HD at that time) as well as the segment from the day before when they were promoting it and showed live shots of her arrival into NYC.

When the time comes, which we have a while before it will air, once youtube pulls it, try other sites that have a longer censoring process.

GMA is ABC which is Disney.....would be very surprissed to see them promoting RCCL.....would kind of be like Carnival promoting RCCL:eek:

NBC is a Universal company (NBC/Universal). Does that mean NBC does not do stories on Disney or other theme parks? No. Why would ABC not do a story on Royal Caribbean? It's the largest ship in the world, and I'm sure ABC News is happy to be the ones getting the story on it.

NBC is a Universal company (NBC/Universal). Does that mean NBC does not do stories on Disney or other theme parks? No. Why would ABC not do a story on Royal Caribbean? It's the largest ship in the world, and I'm sure ABC News is happy to be the ones getting the story on it.

Because they own Disney Cruise Lines which itself will have 2 brand new ships directly competing with RCCL.....that would be real smart for them to pump up RCCL:rolleyes:

Because they own Disney Cruise Lines which itself will have 2 brand new ships directly competing with RCCL.....that would be real smart for them to pump up RCCL:rolleyes:

And I'm sure they'll pump up the new Disney ships when they debut as well. But it would be a stupid move for them to NOT take the story on Oasis. Trust me, I work in the industry. Just because Disney is their parent company does not mean they are not going to do a story on Oasis.

Put it this way. Disney is the parent company of ABC. GMA has their summer concert series with many artists performing. Just because Disney has their own record label does not mean ABC will only promote Disney artists. I work for Universal Music Group, and our artists are on GMA all the time.

ok folks,

I don't know it if will be live or what it will entail, but.....the quote below is from the GMA website. It was in an article about them going to Finland and the things they were going to see there. The article discussed Oasis and said this:

Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas will arrive in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl from Finland this November and Good Morning America will be there with the first look, both inside and out, at the "BIGGEST" cruise ship in the world.

So that should settle weather or not GMA will do anything. Now I guess it's possible some other network might also but this clears up GMA's role.

Chip

ok folks,

I don't know it if will be live or what it will entail, but.....the quote below is from the GMA website. It was in an article about them going to Finland and the things they were going to see there. The article discussed Oasis and said this:

Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas will arrive in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl from Finland this November and Good Morning America will be there with the first look, both inside and out, at the "BIGGEST" cruise ship in the world.

So that should settle weather or not GMA will do anything. Now I guess it's possible some other network might also but this clears up GMA's role.

Chip

Thanks for the information Chip! I'll set my DVR!

No Problem! Now to just confirm the date. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait so I may hop down to Ft. Lauderdale the weekend of the 14-15 to see if I can catch a glimpse of her in person. Obviously not close up but should be very visible based on where the new pier is. It may be slightly impulsive since we sail on Dec. 1 but I'm running out of patience. At least that's what I've been told.

No Problem! Now to just confirm the date. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait so I may hop down to Ft. Lauderdale the weekend of the 14-15 to see if I can catch a glimpse of her in person. Obviously not close up but should be very visible based on where the new pier is. It may be slightly impulsive since we sail on Dec. 1 but I'm running out of patience. At least that's what I've been told.

You'll be able to easily see Oasis from the bridge near by while it sits at Pier 18. Yes it won't be close up but you'll definitely get a good look at her. I'm wondering if they will dock her with her rear facing north or south. If north then you'll be able to see into the boardwalk from the bridge, otherwise you'll only see the bow and not much else.

Does anybody know if she will be loading people from the Port or Starboard side at her pier, that would help....

Supposedly she will always load on the starboard side.

Great news! If true that means the rear of the ship will always face the A1A bridge which has the best view of the port! Also a great way to see in the ship if your passing by in the bay.

Hi Everyone,

I am actually booked on this pre-inaugural! We just got an email yesterday on the broadcast. I guess we will be in the audience. Don't know what else they have planned. Will keep you posted.

Archived