Just curious...all cabin categories Waitlisted???

Lynzchat

This is our first Princess, we sail Nov 14th on the Crown. Just happen to look at the cabin categories and ALL categories are waitlisted...does that mean the sailing is sold-out?:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, although cancellations, etc. can still happen between now and then.

Thanks! Holy cow, that's a ton of people...didn't realize that Nov a popular time.

Except for the Christmas/New Year holiday period which seem to sell at any price, Nov and Dec are low fare months. Low fares = full ships.

Not to worry. The Princess Grand class ship interiors, including Crown, are very intelligently designed. the public areas are segmented so you will never feel crowded.

That's been my experience on a number of sell out cruises, even during Spring Break:eek:. The pool areas are not usually over crowded either.

Your only concern with a full ship is a possible wait during peak times at the main dining rooms if you have Anytime dining.

You can minimize the wait by telling the Head Waiter you'll accept a share. Advance reservations can be made, but some Maitre d's restrict them between 6PM and 8PM.

Of course, if you reserve a table, then it's no longer Anytime is it? :p

Here's a nice overview of Crown:

http://www.beyondships.com/CrownPrincess.html

Enjoy!!:)

This is our first Princess, we sail Nov 14th on the Crown. Just happen to look at the cabin categories and ALL categories are waitlisted...does that mean the sailing is sold-out?:confused::confused::confused:

So were ours for NOv 28 just got our assignment from Guarantee to BA Caribe deck UPGRADE!!!!!..YEAH MAMA!!!!

You just might luck out

FIRST upgrade ever!!!!!

Keep those fingers crossed ...Do you have a PVP ?or TA

So were ours for NOv 28 just got our assignment from Guarantee to BA Caribe deck UPGRADE!!!!!..YEAH MAMA!!!!

You just might luck out

FIRST upgrade ever!!!!!

Keep those fingers crossed ...Do you have a PVP ?or TA

Congrats to you! That's so wonderful. I have a TA, don't know what PVP is...:(

Lynzchat on the cruise with you and on your roll call. I think this sailing was slow filling up and they have run several really good specials to get people booked. We were going to do the Emerald Princess and had booked a mini-suite - forward and our price was around $1100. We saw this sailing and were able to book a mid-ship mini for $949.00 and really wanted to go to Roatan.

Only 5 1/2 weeks to go!:D:D:D

Lynzchat on the cruise with you and on your roll call. I think this sailing was slow filling up and they have run several really good specials to get people booked. We were going to do the Emerald Princess and had booked a mini-suite - forward and our price was around $1100. We saw this sailing and were able to book a mid-ship mini for $949.00 and really wanted to go to Roatan.

Only 5 1/2 weeks to go!:D:D:D

YES, so excited....I want to start packing! We are looking forward to Roatan too. We tried to sign up for a few excursions but honestly we just love hanging out on the ship.

We are looking forward to Roatan too.

Not to be a spoilsport, but...

I'm booked on the Crown in December, and am totally looking forward to diving off Roatan, but the continuing instability in Honduras means that there's something of a chance that the island will be dropped from itineraries. I spoke to a Princess rep about it several days ago, and she indicated that such decisions are generally made much closer to the sail dates. But if you're planning to scuba dive (the #1 reason to go to Roatan), you might plan a backup dive on Cozumel or Grand Cayman, too.

We are booked for Nov. 14th inside guarantee and still don't have our cabin assignment. Its driving me crazy. I like to be totally prepared.

Princess often waits till the last minute to assign cabins. Some people learn theirs when they get to the pier.

Congrats to you! That's so wonderful. I have a TA, don't know what PVP is...:(

A PVP is a personal vacation planner ...works for Princess .You ask for one I got a GREAT one .She calls me regularly with all kinds of specials .So far I have booked 3 cruises with her .I prefer dealing directly with Princess due to BAD experience with TA on another cruise.He wrote my son's name wrong and I had the time of my life correcting it .I had to deal myself directly with the cruise company because the TA was on line and I could not get responses.it was such a HASTLE ..so no more TA"S for me .I spent hours on the phone to correct his error .We would have had problems with security had we left the mistake in spelling

Perhaps others get little bonuses but I prefer NO Headaches!!!

Michele

Usually book as a guarantee and usually receive some type of upgrade. This time I booked late July for upcoming Hawaii cruise leaving this weekend. Most everything at time of booking was waitlisted at booking time beyond highest category inside cabin. I booked guarantee making sure I got onto cruise. Just received cabin assignment last week - no upgrade. I cannot complain, since I did receive an excellent, excellent price however, I would think that after 20 Princess cruises some consideration for an upgrade, when available, would have been extended for being a very loyal customer and have referred many people to Princess Cruise Line. Maybe, though doubtful, a surprise upgrade will happen when I check in at the pier???????

Archived