Pool areas on sea days

MaiTaiMary

My big plan on sea days is to grab my books and lay by the pool! :D Not much else. *lol*

I'm wondering how soon I'll need to get to the pool area in order to get a lounge chair by the pool. When I was on my last cruise (9 years ago!!) I couldn't even find a chair on the level where the pool was. :( It was packed!

Anyway...

I understand saving lounge chairs with a towel is a airquote.gifcruising faux pausairquote.gif. So how early should I plan on getting to the pool on a sea day?

Well considering there are only x amount of chairs right next to the pool and there is a high inventory of parents who want to be next to their kids by the pool.........my guess would be early.......

If you want to grab a chair in the sun and read a good book there are plenty of chairs available..........

We always go one deck up where you can still hear the band but are able to avoid the high traffic area.........

.........my guess would be early.......

That's my question. :D How early?

Yeah, my last cruise didn't have plenty of chairs. :( I was really bummed I couldn't even get a chair to lay in and read a book, much less anything by the pool. (I have no idea what time I got there, though. Coulda been the afternoon for all I know).

If you're there by 10 am, you should be able to find something. Unless there's some reason to be within "splashing" distance of the actual pool, go to a different area. You can still walk to the pool to take a dip, but you won't be "scrunched" in elbow to elbow with everyone else!

That's my question. :D How early?

Yeah, my last cruise didn't have plenty of chairs. :( I was really bummed I couldn't even get a chair to lay in and read a book, much less anything by the pool. (I have no idea what time I got there, though. Coulda been the afternoon for all I know).

You couldn't find a chair anywhere? Then I don't know what to tell you because we have never had a problem on any of our cruises finding a chair for our group (6) in the sun...........and we usually get out there around 11:00.........

I would suggest if you want right next to the pool I would be there around 7:00 a.m.

Well, good to know that not having any open chairs was unsual! That eases my mind. :D No idea why it was so crowded on my cruise. I figured all sea days were like that. Yeah, I don't need to be "right" next to the pool, I just want to be close.

My big plan on sea days is to grab my books and lay by the pool! :D Not much else. *lol*

I'm wondering how soon I'll need to get to the pool area in order to get a lounge chair by the pool. When I was on my last cruise (9 years ago!!) I couldn't even find a chair on the level where the pool was. :( It was packed!

Anyway...

I understand saving lounge chairs with a towel is a airquote.gifcruising faux pausairquote.gif. So how early should I plan on getting to the pool on a sea day?

happy to report on the conquest last month that we were always able to find a spot on the lido when we wanted one. We never saw chair hogs and saw open chairs often.

Archived