Three cruise ships out of Australia!!!!

Kiwi Kruzer

Carnival Corporation & plc also announced plans to transfer the Costa vessel Costa Tropicale to its P&O Cruises Australia unit in October 2005. She will be renamed Pacific Star and will join the Pacific Sun and Pacific Sky in serving the expanding Australian and New Zealand market. The 1,022-passenger ship, which originally entered service under the Carnival Cruise Lines brand in 1982, was operated by that line until its transfer to Costa in 2001. Prior to joining the Costa fleet, the vessel underwent an extensive $30 million refurbishment. Further details of her Australasian itineraries will be announced later this month.

Dave,

Thanks for the latest news.

I wish they would give us a newer ship instead of all the oldies. It is a disgrace that we have the cast offs all the time. They would then have a different market, not just the young cruisers but people who would like to cruise in style but stay nearer home.

Jennie

My feeling exactly Jennie - having just come back from the Diamond THERE IS NO COMPARISON, I think it is a disgrace I know we haven't the same population but I am sure if better quality ships were here more frequently the numbers cruising would dramatically increase, we would love to go on another next year but there really isn't the opportunity unless you want to go to NZ! so it looks like we might catch up with some of our ccer's we just cruised with in 2006...

my 2c

Jane

Dave,

Thanks for the latest news.

I wish they would give us a newer ship instead of all the oldies. It is a disgrace that we have the cast offs all the time. They would then have a different market, not just the young cruisers but people who would like to cruise in style but stay nearer home.

Jennie

I agree entirely Jennie.

P&O seem to be leaving it up to the Travel Agents to explain to "new cruisers" just what market each ship is aimed at.

As CassCruise says once you have been on the newer ships

THERE IS NO COMPARISON

It will be interesting to see what happens next cruising season with Diamond,Pacific ,Sky ,Sun, possibly Star and Statendam all down here together..........

David

I agree totally with you all.

The cruise lines have to know that there is a market...

Out of 2804 passengers on our cruise (23 Dec 04 - 6 Jan 05) approx. 35%were Australians to about 40% Americans.

Why would I want to go on one of the P&O Aust. ships after going on the Sapphire..???

Kim

Archived