A little tip sans tray

cdkempton

Thought I'd pass along a little tip I learned on our recent cruise. After picking up breakfast plate and a glass of juice the only thing left was the coffee and no hands. Just grab an empty cup with your pinky and go to your table. There is a lovely young fellow with the coffee tray wandering around the Lido and he'll stop by shortly and fill up your cup. :)

Are the tables set with silverware,and napkins?

Yes, there are cloth napkins on the table, rolled up with silverware inside them.

BTW, I noticed on our Ryndam cruise two weeks ago in the Lido that there were SIX uniformed staffers at the end of the buffet line offering to take plates and assist you to your table. Twice the Lido Manager himself carried my plate (and I'm quite capable of doing it myself). We were most pleased by that service. Frankly, I forgot about not having trays until I just read this thread....

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I'd pass along a little tip I learned on our recent cruise. After picking up breakfast plate and a glass of juice the only thing left was the coffee and no hands. Just grab an empty cup with your pinky and go to your table. There is a lovely young fellow with the coffee tray wandering around the Lido and he'll stop by shortly and fill up your cup. :)

Thanks very much, cdkempton, for the tip! I don't know that I would have thought of that, so appreciate it very much. :D

Archived