Internet access on Miracle?

computerkitten

Planning to be on the Miracle in November and wondered what the internet access was like and how much? Is there internet in your room or is it in public areas? I am taking an online class and going to have to log in a little bit (as much as little as possible believe me! Gotta work ahead!). So if I don't have internet, I was thinking of looking into hooking the laptop into a Blackberry Verizon wireless phone.

Advice?

Thanks!

Computerkitten

There are many copy and pastes of the price of internet FAQs, but basically prices start at 75 cents a minute, cheaper if you buy the $55 or $100 package. The $100 package the price goes down to 40 cents a minute. If you use your own laptop, $3.95 set up fee.

I dont know about particular cabin access on your ship, seems to vary by how far you are from the internet cafe.

PS you can get much cheaper internet by using internet cafes in the ports.

We had it in the same cabin, 4237. I was also able to get a good signal just off the aft elevators in the seating areas near the dining room entrances on decks 2 and 3. It was quiet there in the mornings too. I take my own laptop so I can write my e-mails ahead of time, log on and hit send, download messages and log off....saves LOTS of minutes that way!

I wonder if I can use Verizon Wireless and hook it up to the laptop. I am on the unlimited internet plan, but not global. Don't know if dialing out from the ship and being on the southern cruise though would be considered to be in the Verizon Wireless US plan when you dial out? Or would you need to be on the global plan?

Thanks!

I wonder if I can use Verizon Wireless and hook it up to the laptop. I am on the unlimited internet plan, but not global. Don't know if dialing out from the ship and being on the southern cruise though would be considered to be in the Verizon Wireless US plan when you dial out? Or would you need to be on the global plan?

Thanks!

As soon as the Cellular at Sea tower is turned on you are international roaming. Tethering costs will be extreme to say the least.

We had wi-fi in our aft wrap cabin (4237) on the Miracle. Since we had it in the cabin I didn't try to access it anywhere else.

Gargoyle999, approx how much was it for the wifi in your cabin? if you don't mind my asking. I will be in 4224 Nov 4 and plan on taking my laptop to work on my dissertation during sea days. : ) If cost isn't too bad or if I can get/pay for wiifi on the days that I need it, I would seriously consider getting it in cabin. I'm thumbdriving articles etc during the next two weeks prior to the cruise so that I should have everything I need to write. But just in case I need the internet (don't wish to do the per minute thing in the cafe) I'd rather get it for a day or two in my cabin.

Thanks in advance

Archived