Romantic Suggestions for the Celebrations of Ruby in Barbados

jtsbusiness

Has anybody celebrated a special event in Barbados?

Can anyone suggest something that will be memorable and romantic to help us celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in April.

There must be some fantastic beaches and things to do, but recommendations are far better than doing it 'cold'!:eek:

Please, please help to make our day truly one to remember:):):)

Thanks

Jan,

I have been to Barbados several times and would offer some suggestions, but not having a clue of what your in-port time frames are or your interests, I'll start with this. Grab a cab and for about 50 dollars US per person, they will take you around the island to the major points of Bathsheba, North Point and the underwater sea caves, and the over look of New Scotland, in other words, a whole tour of the island's coasts, which are extremely varied and beautiful. I would prefer this way over a group tour in that you and your spouse will be alone and can get out, wade in the water where ever you like, hold hands and not worry about other folks being around when you want to be romantic.

Tides restaurant in Holetown is a very romantic place to eat dinner at sunset, but again, not sure of your time frames.

When all else fails, go to Trip advisor, look at the Barbados board and you'll find lots of info from those who not only visit often, but who live there. If you want to plan renweal vows, there's already been some postings on that. Just do a search. Hope this helps. I'll try to post the link. Liz

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147262-i230-Barbados.html

Thanks so much to you both.

We arrive at 7.00 am and depart at 9.00 pm. Bathseba sounds a popular place and certainly worth considering.

The luxury cruise also looks very inviting. Does the cost of this include the buffet and drinks Karen? I would love to swim with the turtles. We snorkled off the Barrier Reef last year, but I am not a very strong swimmer (in fact I'm pretty useless!) but would love to snorkle again this year.

Some wonderful ideas to consider. Again thank you both so much

Jan

Thanks so much to you both.

We arrive at 7.00 am and depart at 9.00 pm. Bathseba sounds a popular place and certainly worth considering.

The luxury cruise also looks very inviting. Does the cost of this include the buffet and drinks Karen? I would love to swim with the turtles. We snorkled off the Barrier Reef last year, but I am not a very strong swimmer (in fact I'm pretty useless!) but would love to snorkle again this year.

Some wonderful ideas to consider. Again thank you both so much

Jan

The price includes a DELICIOUS lunch and all of the drinks you can handle (and actually more than you can handle as one person in our group found out:eek:)

I am also not the strongest swimmer. They supply you with a floatie vest.

It was the BEST day!!!!!!

(We are doing a much more expensive day sail from St. Thomas this year because of what a wonderful experience that was.)

We spent a week in Barbados and really loved it.The most romantic restaurant,I think, is The Cliffs but I don't know if time wise this is possible.We went to Lobster Alive which I think will be open,it has a beach and is close to the ship.Silver Moon is a lot of fun.All is included for the price .Swimming with the turtles is easy as I did it, bad knees and all, and they get you to the site before anyone else.Kathe

The luxury cruise is sounding more and more tempting. Would it be possibly to do both? The cruise and visit Bethsheba? We don't leave until 9.00, but would want to be back on the ship by 7.30.

DH would like to see something of the island as well!

Really appreciate everyone's input.

Jan

Archived