Just returned from Istanbul to Athens on Wind Star

Appelder

We have just returned home from our Istanbul to Athens cruise on board Wind Star and with one small exception, had a fantastic trip! Wind Star met and exceeded our expectations.

The food and staff were exceptional. I can't imagine going on another cruise if it isn't with Windstar.

(The small exception was in disembarking in Santorini, where 17 independent travelers had to wait for a tour group that was late for their tender. Rather than letting us go ashore first we had to wait. Not a big deal anywhere else, but when it comes to photographers trying to get the best morning light for photographs in Santorini, every minute counts....as with those trying to get to the funicular, before the 1000's of others coming in off the eight big ships that were also in port that day. I do have to say that in the big scheme of things it really wasn't that big a deal, but might suggest to Windstar that they have an earlier tender for those into photography.)

Hi Appelder -- Thank you so much for posting! We're boarding the Windstar next Saturday, and from your description, everything seems just like we remembered it from a few years ago. I'm relieved to hear that. I'm curious, though -- did they still have the on-deck barbecue one night? And are people dressing "country club casual" as specified in the boarding documents? I do hope so as that's what I'm planning to pack. Any advice would be much appreciated.

And are people dressing "country club casual" as specified in the boarding documents? I do hope so as that's what I'm planning to pack. Any advice would be much appreciated.

We were on the Windstar in July. There was still a deck barbeque. Yes, people dressed "country club casual".

Archived