How does dinner seating work?

BilllyK

How does seating for dinner work, is it assigned?

The reason I ask is we have a group booked, and some friends are likely going to be booking their own group on the same cruise. Is there any chance we could sit together during dinner?

The reason I ask is we have a group booked, and some friends are likely going to be booking their own group on the same cruise. Is there any chance we could sit together during dinner?

Carnival should be able to "link" all of your reservations together, I believe. And that should group everyone together, or at least tables next to one another, you would think.

Just have your TA or PVP link your booking # for dinner seating

Contact you PVP or TA and them to link your bookings. Great possibility of being seated together or at least close by if a really large group.

My friend and I (staying in the same cabin...we were the only two in that cabin) were separated for dinner on the Victory. She was at table 320 and I was at table 324. Not sure of why the separation...but, the first night, which was open seating, we approached the maitre'd (sp?) and asked that we be put at the same table going forward. The next night (monday) which is the first night of assigned seating on the Victory, I had a card on my bed stating that the request had been granted.

Point of story, if you are not seated together (seating assignment is listed on card), then just ask maitre'd on first night to reassign.

Also, we were the late seating on the Victory in the Atlantic dining room. Most nights it was not even 75% full and in our area of the dining room, most nights, it was not even 50% full. we ended up at a completely different table (our choice) so we can be with some friends we had met and it was fine with our server.The only night the dining room appear to be full was for the first formal night.

Lots of people on the Victory (at least the week we were on) seem to like the buffet instead of the MDR.

Have a great trip!!

Archived