Eden Rock or Sunset House Shore Dive?

MPM

Oh. We have all the Florida springs local to us. The water is 72F. My 3 mil full is nice and toasty.

We have a sink that is like mid 80's I wear my shorty there but you really don't need anything unless you go deep.

I see you broke down and got a 3 mil though! :D

We went down to Sunset House with a mixed group of divers and snorkelers. Our cab was $4 a person, with 11 folks. The taxi also returned when promised to take us back to the ship.

There was no problem renting gear for one of our divers, and it was $15 US for a tank & weights. We only did one dive, 50 min, 52 ft. max depth.

We just swam out one of the sand cuts, found some good-looking coral, and hung out looking at the corals and fish. We spent most of the dive ~30-40 feet.

The reef was relatively healthy, but did show where the hurricanes ground the tops off the corals. Lots of fish - all the usual suspects were well represented, and not shy.

Unfortunately, I only got a few shots before my camera fogged, but one is below.

I almost forgot - we wore fuzzy skins, I had a beanie, and we were OK for temperature. I would have been getting really cold in another 10 or 15 minutes, though.

Have a great time!

Wendy

PB300114.jpg.95dc1058001c64563c94955c436c4410.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just to get back to anyone that might be interested, we ended up doing the dive at Eden Rock due to time issues. It was an easy walk, easy to locate, and they were terrific there. Our dive guide talked us through everything we were likely to experience, and since this was our first dive through a sort-of cave, which came out to 6 foot tarpons and a very friendly grouper, we were quite grateful for the advance knowledge. We saw some new sights for us, and although not as much on other dives, were still very happy with the experience and with our guide. The price was reasonable as well - I think around $130 for both of us for a one tank and full rental of gear. They had lockers available for storage while diving and a small shop.

Archived