Question about food

wildweston

Hi all just a question, a lady on my roll call has emailed asking me if we can get fish tacos in Australia or possibly lobster or shrimp ones ( her words). Unless you made them yourselves there isn't anywhere to buy them is there. Maybe Den --fishtaco could possibly know the answer!! :D

Thanks

Hi all just a question, a lady on my roll call has emailed asking me if we can get fish tacos in Australia or possibly lobster or shrimp ones ( her words). Unless you made them yourselves there isn't anywhere to buy them is there. Maybe Den --fishtaco could possibly know the answer!! :D

Thanks

Sorry Cheryl, never heard of them :)

Thanks

Hi Cheryl,

What state will she be visiting? I have done a Google Search and found a few Wahoo Fish Tacos throughout Australia as well as Gringos Fresh Mex in Brunswick Heads, NSW.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Hi Cheryl,

What state will she be visiting? I have done a Google Search and found a few Wahoo Fish Tacos throughout Australia as well as Gringos Fresh Mex in Brunswick Heads, NSW.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Hi Luckie a Wahoo Fish Taco, I will let her know about that, she will be staying in Sydney and also up to Cairns. I am trying to steer her towards a meat pie and tomato sauce, so much easier !

I actually had my first ever fish taco last week - I've been on holidays in California and they're very popular in San Diego! It actually tasted really nice, its a normal taco with battered fish instead of chicken or whichever filling you normally have.

Quite a few Mexican restaurants in Australia have them - I know this as I work part time at a Mexican restaurant on the Central Coast, and we have them on our specials menu (although I haven't actually tried it yet).

Cheryl, I dont know what area in Sydney your friend is staying in, so just get them to google Mexican restaurants in the area, then can easily just send them a quick email to get them to email back their menu - then she'll know. Hope that helps!!

Where is the lady from? America?

Maybe tell her they serve Koala tacos on the aussie ships.

PMSL :D.

Or maybe Bunyip Burritos ??? :D:):p

ROTFLMAO :D.

I just cracked up laughing at this thread. You have made my night.

I mentioned it to DH and he said that there is a shop down at The Entrance (on the NSW Central Coast) that sells them :eek:.

I actually had my first ever fish taco last week - I've been on holidays in California and they're very popular in San Diego! It actually tasted really nice, its a normal taco with battered fish instead of chicken or whichever filling you normally have.

Quite a few Mexican restaurants in Australia have them - I know this as I work part time at a Mexican restaurant on the Central Coast, and we have them on our specials menu (although I haven't actually tried it yet).

Cheryl, I dont know what area in Sydney your friend is staying in, so just get them to google Mexican restaurants in the area, then can easily just send them a quick email to get them to email back their menu - then she'll know. Hope that helps!!

Hi Bella guess what this lady comes from San Diego. I don't know her personally but she is organising our meet and greet and we have been chatting and she emailed some questions about Australia and when she asked me this one I was stumped, so just thought I'd ask. Where is Fishtaco-Den when you need him :D

Hi Bella guess what this lady comes from San Diego. I don't know her personally but she is organising our meet and greet and we have been chatting and she emailed some questions about Australia and when she asked me this one I was stumped, so just thought I'd ask. Where is Fishtaco-Den when you need him :D

Well long story behind my user name that can "Now days" be used totally out of context since the advent of "The urban dictionary"

Explained once before on this forum under"Where did you get your user name" thread.

If you look up the Urban Dictionary you will either be disgusted or laugh a lot at this thread!

My user name is the same on all forums and is also part of my email address,which would not be allowed theses days through not fault of mine!

yes I have had fish taco,s in the States and my user name comes from the very old "Link Wray" song of the same name.

The name is a registered Band name and was done so before the advent of the online urban dictionary.

So please laugh and don't flame me for something that has occurred after the fact.

I am trying to be honest.

the urban dictionary was only brought to my attention by a younger member on this forum.

Den

Archived