'Loyalty' Club shock

windsor26

Having had a few cruises with P&O UK I was a member of the Portunus Club. I am now based in Australia and although I use Princess and P&O Australia I will, when it suits use P&O UK again. I have just been advised that as I have not used the P&O UK cruises for some years (5) the Portunus credits have been cancelled and if I use this company in the future I will have to start afresh!!!!!!!!!!

This, in my opinion is not the way to keep loyal customers, not everyone can cruise very year or even every other year:(

A difficult one for any company, at some point they have to decide to wave goodbye to a once loyal customer, and if that customer hasn't dealt with them for 5 years or so I can understand why they might think you weren't as loyal as you once were.

Did they not give you any notice, eg "if you don't cruise with us in 2010 we will cancel your credit!?

The rules were amended last year and now all accrued points are retained for life. Previously the points were halved after three years without cruising.

Brian

Thanks Brian I will contact them and see what can be done to get some points back No I did not get any warning at all:(

Archived