First night on board dining location

atlantic cruiser

Anyone can book in the specialty restaurants on the first night. Captains Club members can call 60 days ahead a book a reservation. Also, you can eat in the specialty restaurants as often as you would like - you just can't book multiple reservations ahead of time.

Have read on several threads where guests who have booked a suite are invited to dine at one of the specialty restaurants on the first night:o. Is this considered as one of their 3 entitled bookings or extra?

As a suite guest, you'll be approached at checkin and asked whether you'd like to dine in Prime C or Aqualina the first night. Be sure to say yes. You'll enjoy the peace and quiet of the specialty restaurants instead of the main dining room. Although there is open dining, on the first night, passengers are asked to choose an early or late time. The main dining room, on that first night, can be a bit chaotic.

I have no idea whether it is considered one of the 3 nights to which you are "entitled". We have never had a problem booking the specialty restaurants as long as we were flexible on the time. Some people we know eat there virtually every night.

If you are Elite status you will be offered both of the specialty restaurants on the first night. It's a great way to get to know the Maitre'd, head sommelier and staff early in the cruise. We never had any problem getting additional reservations in the specialty restaurants.

We were Select members at the time of sailing with a Verandah room. We made one reservation via captain's club prior to arrival. Upon check-in, we saw the specialty dining desk and requested first night seating. They checked us against the suite list and said that there weren't able to do it. I asked if they didn't have a single available table, and they ended up putting us in Aqualina at 9:30pm. After boarding and getting our spa passes, we went to the specialty dining restaurant and were permitted to make two additional reservations. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work, but I do think that first night dining is not counted against other nights.

Archived