Electric outlets question..

marilole

I am cruising on Carnival Conquest and I've hear that we should bring a power strip because there is only one plug in the whole cabin. My question is .. do they have an outlet in the bathroom for the hair dryer? and.. do I really need the power strip?

Thanks in advance

I am cruising on Carnival Conquest and I've hear that we should bring a power strip because there is only one plug in the whole cabin. My question is .. do they have an outlet in the bathroom for the hair dryer? and.. do I really need the power strip?

Thanks in advance

The only outlet in the bathroom is one of those shaver outlets and yes you need the power strip for all the other goodies you may need to plug in eg. recharge batteries for camera

Yes, you need a power cord. Like she said, the one in the bathroom is for a shaver, not a regular 110 outlet. There is hairdryer in the drawer in the cabin, but I brought a cord anyway to plug in all of my other things, camera charger, hair straightener, etc.

Thanks in advance

the only plug in i have seen in the bathroom is for a electric razor. there is a plug in by the mirror in the cabin for your powerstrip to handle things you want to plug in. i also bring my own hairdryer. the ones i have used arent powerful enough to get my hair dry. if you have really short hair it will work fine though.

Another thing. Not sure if this also applies on Carnival but on a recent Princess cruise, i wanted to plug my laptop in at places other than my room. Turns out that all of the plugs I could find away from my room were European style plugs. Who would have thought that I needed to take a plug adapter?

DON

Another thing. Not sure if this also applies on Carnival but on a recent Princess cruise, i wanted to plug my laptop in at places other than my room. Turns out that all of the plugs I could find away from my room were European style plugs. Who would have thought that I needed to take a plug adapter?

DON

It is always easier to find 240v outlets, but there are some 120v American ones on Carnival ships. Not many, so I'll never tell where. ;)

I learned to bring a set of adapters, but I wouldn't be surprised if the gift shop does a brisk business in selling adapters.

You only need a power strip or multi plug adapter if you plan on having more than 1 thing plugged in at a time or if you need the extra length of a power strip. If you don't plan to, then why bring it. It just becomes one extra thing to pack in your suitcase.

You only need a power strip or multi plug adapter if you plan on having more than 1 thing plugged in at a time or if you need the extra length of a power strip. If you don't plan to, then why bring it. It just becomes one extra thing to pack in your suitcase.

i never bring a power strip either. i bring a small adaptor that can be used for 2 things at once, my hairdryer and curling iron. i always unplug the adaptor when i done with my hair. i dont bring all the other things that need too be charged except my phone and i can do that when i am out of the room.

I bring a plug that has 3 plugs in one .I plug my chargers camera and cam corder .It is small and compactI keep it in my carryon and it stays there from trip to trip.I ALWAYS take my hairdryer ..theirs is TOO weak ..I have no patience and my hair is long

You don't necessarily need a power strip (like the one for your computer) just a regular extension cord. We bring a $1 three outlet cord. Or we bring a Belkin Travel surge protector -

base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI630266.jpg&size=4&dhm=b88a2555&hl=en

These Belken travel surge protectors are great. I would recommend this over a power strip,

since you can also charge your ipod on it as well.

Another great tip for those who dont want a power strip or those belkin adapater and just need and extra 2/3 more outlets then get a power squid instead.

Here is one for 4 outlets:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Power-Splitter-29803/dp/B000083KIH/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1255266894&sr=8-10

and 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Cord-Splitter-1TO2-Black/dp/B000BX57JA/ref=dp_cp_ob_MI_title_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1255266894&sr=8-10

These Belken travel surge protectors are great. I would recommend this over a power strip,

since you can also charge your ipod on it as well.

They are great for anything that charges by USB, you just bring that and not a pile of power bricks.

If you're using something like a cpap at night, bring and extension cable. Last NCL cruise mt 5ft power strip wasn't long enough to reach the night stand. Had to switch sides with my wife and push the coffee table close to my side of the bed. No biggie, but a cord 8~10ft would have been just the ticket.

Archived