? About PA Announcements & Seaside Theatre

polar_purple

We are taking our first cruise, ever, next month aboard the Destiny. I have been reading CC for several months now, and had a few questions related to "noise".

1. I've often read comments about PA announcements. How often do they make PA announcements and are they all piped into your cabin?

I can just see myself going to my cabin for an afternoon nap, and being rudely awaken by a hokey announcement for 3pm bingo.

2. I've also read that the noise around the Seaside Theatre pool area can be quite noisy due to the Theatre. Is it really very loud and obnoxious? I really don't need rap music blaring in my ears if that nap I'm taking is on the Lido deck instead of in the cabin.

I just got off of the Freedom last week.

1. PA announcements were not piped into your cabin unless it was something everyone had to hear. Not Bingo announcements but yes, muster station announcements.

2. I found (IMHO) the Seaside Theater to be annoyingly loud and put it on my comment card. In the morning they showed CNN, then their own morning show, then music. The music was so loud you were unable to have a conversation with the person next to you. The pros- they used it to play a lido deck trivia game and they often showed a movie at night. You were able to sit under the stars and enjoy the sea air while watching a movie.

Don't worry about it though, just go and have a great time. The pros far outweigh the cons.

Archived