cabin selection...Help please!

scrappin' crazy cruiser

We are traveling with my in laws on the Feb. 12th sailing of the Journey. Right now we have inside cabins booked ~ cabins 7071 and 7068. I had read on AZ website that the laundry facility was mid ship deck 7. I called Azamara and was reassured that it is aft of the aft elevators. Well, I have done some research on CC and have found that the laundry room is right next to these cabins. There are 2 more insides available on deck 8 ~ 8021 and 8018. They are very close to the forward elevators and are below the pool deck. Which cabins would you choose??? Thank you for sharing your opinion.

We are traveling with my in laws on the Feb. 12th sailing of the Journey. Right now we have inside cabins booked ~ cabins 7071 and 7068. I had read on AZ website that the laundry facility was mid ship deck 7. I called Azamara and was reassured that it is aft of the aft elevators. Well' date=' I have done some research on CC and have found that the laundry room is right next to these cabins. There are 2 more insides available on deck 8 ~ 8021 and 8018. They are very close to the forward elevators and are below the pool deck. Which cabins would you choose??? Thank you for sharing your opinion.[/quote']

The laundry rooms are forward of the aft elevators, do you know who you talked to?? I would take the cabin on deck 7..hopes this helps

Jancruz1

Jancruz ~ Thanks for the help... I do not know who I talked to. But' date=' they even put me on hold for a very long time to find out where the laundry room was... not.[/quote']

Fortunately the people on this board know a lot..so keep on asking here!!

Jancruz1

We are traveling with my in laws on the Feb. 12th sailing of the Journey. Right now we have inside cabins booked ~ cabins 7071 and 7068. I had read on AZ website that the laundry facility was mid ship deck 7. I called Azamara and was reassured that it is aft of the aft elevators. Well' date=' I have done some research on CC and have found that the laundry room is right next to these cabins. There are 2 more insides available on deck 8 ~ 8021 and 8018. They are very close to the forward elevators and are below the pool deck. Which cabins would you choose??? Thank you for sharing your opinion.[/quote']

Hi Scrappin !

Given your 2 options, I'd probably go for the forward cabins on Deck 8. I hope this helps, and enjoy your Cruise !

Which cabins would you choose??? Thank you for sharing your opinion.

On deck 7, you'll have the laundry room right next to you (between your cabins and the stairs) ... with possible noise from people, the TV (turned up fairly loud to be audible over the noise of the machines), and the machines themselves. However, the laundry room is closed during the night, so you won't have to worry about being kept awake due to those noises.

Are there any other options than the cabins on deck 7 and 8 that you mention? If it was my choice, I would compromise and look for two cabins that are close together and forego having them side by side in order to be in a better location.

I can't speak to those exact rooms, but we were in 7074 on a recent Journey cruise which is just across the hallway and we never heard noise inside the laundry room or saw a crowd outside it. We were a bit nervous when we realized that we would be right across from it, but I never heard the sound of the machines from the hallway. Only occasionally would we notice a door opening or closing-- and I have pretty sensitive hearing. I personally would be more worried about the noise from above on 8 and the motion being closer to the front of the ship.

I can't speak to those exact rooms, but we were in 7074 on a recent Journey cruise which is just across the hallway and we never heard noise inside the laundry room or saw a crowd outside it.

Hi Jenn, the cabins that the OP mentions share a wall with the laundry room, so perhaps more susceptible to noise than if across the hall.

Hi Scrappin, We will be on the cruise with you. We are booked in 7055. Sometimes people complain about hearing beach chairs being moved on 8. I think this cruise will keep everyone busy doing alot more fun things than laundry. Pat & Pete

I can't speak to those exact rooms, but we were in 7074 on a recent Journey cruise which is just across the hallway and we never heard noise inside the laundry room or saw a crowd outside it. We were a bit nervous when we realized that we would be right across from it, but I never heard the sound of the machines from the hallway. Only occasionally would we notice a door opening or closing-- and I have pretty sensitive hearing. I personally would be more worried about the noise from above on 8 and the motion being closer to the front of the ship.

I am glad to hear this. We are in 7076 in February and was a little concerned about possible noise. I also had not realized that the laundry rooms are closed at night, which means I will have nothing to worry about at all.

I am glad to hear this. We are in 7076 in February and was a little concerned about possible noise. I also had not realized that the laundry rooms are closed at night, which means I will have nothing to worry about at all.

Are you also on the 2/12/09 cruise? After reading all your posts and viewing your pictures, I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you both.

Karyn

Archived