Hotel In Harwich ?

Ashland

Its the other way around Lidl is very close to the Premier Inn and Morrisons is just a little further towards the cruise port, less than 5 minutes walk from the Premier Inn on the other side of the by pass to the Premier Inn.

The Premier Inn is at the main junction when you come into Harwich where you turn left into the port, carry straight onto Harwich.

The Premier Inn is by Dovercourt, the beach resort next to Harwich

thanks

not been that way for a while so used the maps on each of the web sites as a reminder.

looks like lidl have the wrong location for theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello we are researching TA's and possibly looking at the JOS out of Harwich for Sept 2011. My question, since this would be our first trip to Europe, what Airport is used and the distance to Harwich, I was reading briefly the Hotels but have plently of time to decide that. We would also go with Ship Transfers in this case. Any information is appreciated. Thank You.

My question, since this would be our first trip to Europe, what Airport is used and the distance to Harwich

Harwich isn't too good for connectivity with airports. The main London airports for transatlantic flights, Heathrow and Gatwick are the other side of London to Harwich, about a distance of 120 miles - well over a 2 hour trip.

The nearest main airport is Stansted, which is 'only' 50 miles away. Scheduled transatlantic flights were dropped this year but for a few charters, its dominated by low cust budget airlines now. If you're touring Europe its worth considering as you can get cheap flights into here from much of Europe.

I guess for most people the commonsense option is to overnight in Central London. Most of the cruises have a special cruise train from Liverpool Street Station in London and there are hourly trains to the port at other times taking up to 90 minutes.

The train is going to be faster and cheaper than any vehicle based alternative and the train platform is adjacent to the cruise terminal at Harwich.

Liverpool Street Station in London can be a bit tedious getting to as its in the financial district, well away from most places visitors stay. A taxi from your hotel to the station would typically be in the 15-20 GBP ($30-$40) but its worth looking at your hotels relative position to Liverpool Street when you book. Using the London Underground for this transfer is a quarter of the price but with luggage might not be the stress free start you want to your cruise.

Any suggestions for a Hotel in Harwich ? Aug 10, 2010 just one night precruise but a nice one please.....and your experiences ! Thanks in advance ;)

No need to stay IN Harwich, you may find it easier to stay in East London, near Liverpool Street Station. On the morning of the cruise, just board the train, and it drops you right at the cruise dock.

Hello we are researching TA's and possibly looking at the JOS out of Harwich for Sept 2011. My question, since this would be our first trip to Europe, what Airport is used and the distance to Harwich, I was reading briefly the Hotels but have plently of time to decide that. We would also go with Ship Transfers in this case. Any information is appreciated. Thank You.

The flight, the airport vary person to person. It's entirely possible that one person might end up into Gatwick, another into Heathrow

Scottbee, & handfordr, Thank You. In my reading the boards I personally am leaning toward the Rome TA, our friends mentioned the TA going out of Harwich, but looking over that itnerary, am concered that for Sept, Ports, Lahavre,Cherbourg, 2 in Iceland, specifically will be in the 50's from Web Searches. Good thing I enjoy searching our and planning our trips, whether they are for a cruise or RVing. :). I want to know as best I can, what to expect when going to new places. DH justs asks that I let him come along and says , you do the planning & I will handle most of the luggage.:D. Thank you both again.

• 1 month later...

Archived