Worried about service and MTD

mondas42

You don't mention the exact problem you had with the host - but I would imagine bypassing the waitstand with a party of 9 to walk directly to "your" table might have something to do with it. That doesn't excuse blatant rudeness, but assigning yourself a table might set off a not so pleasant response.

Unless I'm doing traditional dining, I don't really have a table. I look at it as if I have a reservation at Chops or even a land based restaurant and walking past the host to "my" table because I have a reservation for 6:45. It is not my table until they take me to it.

In a land based restaurant, just because there is an empty table does not mean the host will take your party to it right away. They know what the service staff is doing and knows they might need a few minutes to get to a certain point in serving other diners before starting with your party. Especially working with a large party.

Can you imagine the chaos should everyone who has MTD feel they can bypass the system and go to "their" table each evening?:eek:

Small kids or not..wait to be seated.:)

Hi all

After reading all the stuff about tipping and service levels, I must admit to been slighty concerned about what we can expect on our 1st cruise next May on Brilliance. We booked MTD as we have a very port intensive crusie and a 9 year old so we wanted the freedom to eat when we wanted. I understood about having to pre-pay the tips, and was quite happy about this. However after reading some of the recent posts about tipping, I wanted to know if we can expect poorer service because of this? Has anyone any experiance of this?

Also who do we give the envelopes to at the end of the holiday as we will be served by different people every night.

What about the level of service in out room?

Thanks

Martin

Instead of worrying about all the negatives and jibberish you read on these boards, worry about how much fun you are going to have nad enjoy your vacation. Service, like food and other things is very subjective. Instead of listening to a very small minority of pax that are on these boards, why experience it for yourself, and then draw your own conclusion.

Have a great trip.

Customer service told us to just give it to any of the waiter's/assistant waiters, because the MTD staff turns these in, and the tips are split among them. All in all, I think we will do the MTD again.

Customer service told us different.

They told us that as we were on MTD and had prepaid... the staff automatically get their share...we didn't have to distribute the vouchers at all... so we left them in the room.

We wanted to get it right, so we asked 2 seperate members of staff on 2 different occasions.

We just gave a little extra to a couple of waiters.

I've been sailing on RCCL since 1980 and my last cruise was July 2008 and I'm sailing next week on Mariner. Now I wouldn't spend my hard earn $$ on a cruise if I were to receive poor service or food. I've found the service outstanding and the food mostly good and some times outstanding. Certainly better than you'd find in most restaurants back at home. Be very careful how you read into many of the these reviews. Everyone has different opinions and expectation that can vary widely. Each person can have specific situation that can ruin their dining experience - every waiter is different as with each cruiseline and ship. Only "you" can make the final opinion on the service and food you have received. That's not to say people don't have a bad experience on board, but I think it more the exception and not the rule....and boy will they write about it!!! Go with an open mind and have a great cruise.

Instead of worrying about all the negatives and jibberish you read on these boards, worry about how much fun you are going to have nad enjoy your vacation. Service, like food and other things is very subjective. Instead of listening to a very small minority of pax that are on these boards, why experience it for yourself, and then draw your own conclusion.

Have a great trip.

exactly.

Worry is interest you pay on a debt not yet incurred. Why do that to yourself? Not like you can control any of it.

Archived