Transportation from Airport to Ship

kayembee

Our flight arrives at 2:15pm and our ship leaves dock at 7pm. A couple of questions...Is it easy to get transportation from the airport to the ship? I am assuming that the airport is not far from the airport or is that a bad assumption? Also does anyone know what the taxi fare would be for two people?

Two weeks away from our cruise and just trying to get all the final details together.

Thanks!

Karen & Alyssa

Our flight arrives at 2:15pm and our ship leaves dock at 7pm. A couple of questions...Is it easy to get transportation from the airport to the ship? I am assuming that the airport is not far from the airport or is that a bad assumption? Also does anyone know what the taxi fare would be for two people?

Two weeks away from our cruise and just trying to get all the final details together.

Thanks!

Karen & Alyssa

Taxi will be about 30 euros +/- for two people. Travel time should be less than 20' or less traffic permitting. We flew out of the airport and found saw taxi's everywhere, probably no more than 10' or so wait for one.

You are cutting it close, but international flights are better than most going with minimal delays.

Good luck

Sounds like we are on the same cruise with RCL for 12 days. This site may help answer your question as we were looking for taxi times and fares also to get an idea while in Barcelona. Looks like it should take around 30 minutes once you get a taxi and cost just over 22 euros.

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona

You will need to get luggage and clear customs which will take some time. Hopefully your flight will be on time and no delays in customs.

If you are on the RCL cruise, look us up. We are doing the face painting activities on the cruise.

Here is something else to consider. When flying into Barcelona you will be given a form to fill out. I have seen many airlines say one per family. This is not correct... everyone will have to fill out the form before going through customs. If everyone in your party has the form filled out ahead of time it will be easy to clear customs. Once you get a cab there is a good chance your driver will not know English. Just show him your cruise documents and what cruiseline you will be on. I have had very good luck with the cab drivers in Barcelona. The only time I had a problem was when I wanted to go to the Port from Las Ramblas and I told him "El Porto". Apparently he thought I said "Aero Porto". It didn't take long to figure out he was gong the wrong direction and at that time I showed him my Cruise documents. Also remember you are charged extra for your luggage. If the meter says 23 Euros you will be charge around 27 Euros because of your luggage. I usually tip them an extra 3 to 5 Euros depending on the service I get. I hope this helps. Tim

Archived