Is the food on the Pearl really that bad??

MizzouMary

WE got off the Pearl on 10/24 and ate in most of the venues. Yes the places with a surchage are amazing and worth the money. That being said we ate in both main dining rooms, Garden Cafe ( buffet stations). Blue Lagoon and Topsiders. I thought alll of the food was very good. Once I didn't care of the desert ( everyone else liked it) and they brought me something else. I loved bring ableto drop in to the Blue Lagoon at any time. The buffalo chicken wings were great and the tuna melt was great. The Blue Lagoon on the Pearl is much nicer physically that the Star. You could listen to the music in the atrium. BBQ by the pool was very yummy!Food is very subjective, but I can't imagine how some people can have so many food issues. Enjoy your cruise. Bon Appitite!

Was on the 10/10 Pearl during its first Caribbean sailing after being in Alaska. We did eat dinner in every specialty restaurant except the sushi place, and one night in our suite. With the free venues, Blue Lagoon was hit or miss but the buffet was great. Loved the flow, the choices and things tasted really good and fresh. I went in thinking the food would be horrible but it was the complete opposite.

Hi. I saw this post and thought it was some sort of wierd coincidence. My wife and I along with three other coupled sailed the NCL Jewel two weeks ago on the cruise from NYC to Quebec and back. All eight of us were disappointed with the food on NCL. We did have an excellent dinner with excellent service at Cagney's- by Orville(he deserves accolades). The main dining room(s) food was poor. The service seemed cold. The buffet had warm pizza and decent soup. The pretzel bread was excellent. Otherwise, the food that was supposed to be hot seemed cold and the food that was supposed to be cold was room temperature. Even the food coming out of the kitchen was cold- as if it came out of the fridge. We at the Bistro as one night and their were two people that sent their meals back and onother who had figured it wasn't worth it. I will say that the staff in the bar areas were very attentive and the shows were very nice.

This was on my first NCL cruise. My sixth cruise overall. I had only sailed Celebrity and Royal Caribbean before. I fear that I'll come off as a troll posting this, but I am truely being honest. There isn't a one of us that would sail NCL again for the food and other reasons. I've been waiting to post a complete review of our trip. We had other issues after reaching our room that I wanted to hear back from NCL about before doing so.

Hi. I saw this post and thought it was some sort of wierd coincidence. My wife and I along with three other coupled sailed the NCL Jewel two weeks ago on the cruise from NYC to Quebec and back. All eight of us were disappointed with the food on NCL. We did have an excellent dinner with excellent service at Cagney's- by Orville(he deserves accolades). The main dining room(s) food was poor. The service seemed cold. The buffet had warm pizza and decent soup. The pretzel bread was excellent. Otherwise, the food that was supposed to be hot seemed cold and the food that was supposed to be cold was room temperature. Even the food coming out of the kitchen was cold- as if it came out of the fridge. We at the Bistro as one night and their were two people that sent their meals back and onother who had figured it wasn't worth it. I will say that the staff in the bar areas were very attentive and the shows were very nice.

This was on my first NCL cruise. My sixth cruise overall. I had only sailed Celebrity and Royal Caribbean before. I fear that I'll come off as a troll posting this, but I am truely being honest. There isn't a one of us that would sail NCL again for the food and other reasons. I've been waiting to post a complete review of our trip. We had other issues after reaching our room that I wanted to hear back from NCL about before doing so.

I note that this is your first post. Is this another one shot wonder ?? Comes to cruise critic to tell us that a ship with over two thousand people booked every week is serving lousy food ??? NCL has temperature controls on their food handling, and are constantly checking to be sure food is properly handled. Sorry -- I don't think you are being totally candid.

What night do they want to eat?

No matter how you want to word it...when I was aboard they would even serve crabs every evening. I know cause I was a bit grumpy ;)

OMG.. now that's funny stuff.

I'll try to sample every item on board and come back in a few weeks & let you all know just how good/bad it all is!

I know, I'll be making a big sacrifice, but I'm willing to take one for the team :D

And I thought the era of American heroes was gone, then up pops Monte to the rescue !!!!:D:D

There are not many of the real Iron Men left.

I think the thread should have been titled: Is the Food on the Pearl really as good as we hear it is?

Yes.

We disembarked 10/24, too. Best buffet of any of the 8 priors. Summer palace food was very good. Yes, Lobster available twice in Summer Palace and/or Indigo.... 1st sea day and I think either Thurs or Fri, can't remember. And, we had excellent service wherever we dined.

As far as the desserts....always excellent in specialty restaurants. Had some very good ones in Summer Palace, and I personally thought the ones in the Garden Buffet had improved since our March Jewel cruise.....

Suffice it to say I gained more weight than I anticipated.

OP, just curious as to how much less you paid for the NCL cruise as compared to your others? I've never had any complaints about NCL food and have always found things I really enjoy. I don't expect gourmet food on a mass market line.

Happy sails:)

Archived