Early Saver Rate

Analicia419

Works the same whether you book online or call.

NON-Refundable deposit entitles you to a lower rate now and the opportunity for price drops right up to 2 days before sailing.

Did I mention the deposit is Non-refundable also non-transferable. Upgrades are possible but no downgrades. You can change ships/dates but that will cost you $50 per person.

If you book Early Saver, your deposit is non-refundable, like everyone else said. You are not allowed to change people on the booking, so you couldn't decide to take your best friend instead of your new husband once you say he is the one going and they have that on the books.

Any time there is a price drop for your cabin category, on the ship you are sailing, on the dates you are sailing, you fill out a simple form and they will adjust your price (it will reduce the amount you owe at final payment.) Between final payment and up to 2 days before the ship sails, if you see a price drop than instead of adjusting your payments (which have already been made) you get that money put onto your account to spend onboard - drinks, photos, etc.

Many people see huge price drops, and I know of several people who have saved HUNDREDS of dollars by watching the website and submitting the form when appropriate. Sometimes you can also call and get upgraded to a better category of cabin instead of taking the price drop.

For something like a wedding/honeymoon, there'd have to be some serious emergency for something to come up that would keep you from getting on that ship. In which case I say take the money you save by booking ES and purchase travel insurance :)

The way I had read was that you could only receive a price drop for 48 hours after booking. I shouldn't have to change dates unless the wedding wouldn't happen.

That's the 110% price guarantee, which is not the same as ES. Within 48 hours if the price dropped, you'd submit the ES form and have the difference subtracted from your final payment.

The way I had read was that you could only receive a price drop for 48 hours after booking. I shouldn't have to change dates unless the wedding wouldn't happen.

I think you must have misread the 110% price guarantee and the early saver terms. Two separate forms. The 110% price guarantee is guaranteeing all fares within 48 hours of booking ... nothing to do with early saver price guarantee.

Here are the early saver terms.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/pay-per-day.aspx?icid=CC_HMPG_296

Price Protection: Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit carnival.com/earlysaver. When submitting a rate lock request, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Rate lock is not combinable with other promotions. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable. Program subject to change at any time without prior notice.

Archived