Will HAL be next? Self check Kiosks

airlink diva

On the Carnival board, one of the regular posters PaulMedik just returned from his cruises (he normally do back to back). While he didn't use them, Paul mentioned and took pictures of the self check in Kiosks that Carnival is using in the Miami location.

I know that several other Carnival cruisecritic people have mentioned using or seeing the Kiosks in Miami. Carnival is using Miami as a test site and if successful, expand it to all the ports.

Since Holland America is under Carnival corporation and Fort Lauderdale is right up the road, I can see Kiosks added.

From what I read, it's just an addition to the check in windows to speed up the process.

Do you think that this is the wave of the future for the cruiselines???

It may be a good idea financially, but I'd miss the interaction with a live human being, especially when I'm in SUCH a good mood. Also, many times when I've used an airport kiosk I've needed assistance with a balky computer or poor instructions, so there still would have to be one person for every two or three kiosks, anyway.

It just seems like the nice touches are slipping away, one by one........

This prosumer idea is just a cheap way to get around hiring enough personnel by the cruise/air lines. I'm retired and do not need a job, so I resent working for the company that requires one to do their job.I resent this, especially when I am on vacation and having a fun time. This really makes me mad!

This prosumer idea is just a cheap way to get around hiring enough personnel by the cruise/air lines. I'm retired and do not need a job, so I resent working for the company that requires one to do their job.I resent this, especially when I am on vacation and having a fun time. This really makes me mad!

Efficiencies make your cruise cheaper and this will get the lines moving faster... When checking in for a flight, these kiosks can be a godsend, especially when you take a glance at the "live person" checkin with a queue that stretches out the door.

:D:D:D

Archived