Have twins... double stroller on Carnival?

computerkitten

The hallways are narrow, so a double-wide stroller will block the hallways to others.

The smaller the better, if possible! If it's a double stroller (one seat behind the other) it may work better.

You may have to get creative with storage in the cabin...depending on the size of the cabin. If the stroller folds, no problem!

As long as it's a tandem stroller (front/back), it should work. My big Graco DuoGlider went on six cruises with my twins (including one on the Carnival Pride) before it was retired. It has always been fine in my regular cabins - I either park it on one side of the bed (and my girls have had their room service and watched tv while sitting in it in the cabin) or fold it and lean it against a wall or in the closet.

A side by side or any stroller that does not handle well will be frustrating. But most of a newer ship will be ok for wheelchairs, which means for stroller as well - including getting on/off the ship, tenders and shuttles/excursions.

You do have to be ready for waits at the elevator since it's not a single stroller that you can just pick up and carry up/down the stairs. Just leave yourself plenty of time - but there's no reason to rush while on vacation anyway :rolleyes:

Best,

Mia

Okay its a back to back stroller, made by Graco. So it sounds like that will be okay then! Great!

Thanks!

CK

On the Glory In June our neighbor left his outside the room all the time. I never saw it go missing. I saw them disembark so I guess it was ok

You could also consider 2 umbrella strollers and the attachment that can hook them together. My sister did this at WDW when my nieces were younger (they are not twins but very close in age). The benefit of this is that if only one wants to stroll you don't have to lug the large tandem. She and my bil each took one at times too. The only downfall is if you are the only parent they may not fit the hallways when connected. Just a thought.

Will I have to store it in the hallway? Preference would be to fold it and put it inside the cabin. We are in a Verandah room with balcony. Anyone know?

Thanks!

CK

I think ships have started requiring that all strollers, wheelchairs, scooters, etc., be kept inside the cabin so as not to block narrow hallways (as the previous poster stated). You can absolutely keep in inside your cabin.

Best,

Mia

Archived