Sail N Sail Cards

cpacheco212121

Guest TropicOne

On my second and third cruises having the gold S&S card did not make any difference over the way I was treated on the first cruise. When I make Platinum status it will.

Wow.. I am a first time cruiser and all this "politics talk" makes me not even want to sail.. Am I going to be treated poorly because my "cruise record" is bare?

Oh certainly not...we were Carnival newbies on our last cruise. All of us were treated very nicely...even with our blue cards. This isn't politics talk, it's just a rewards program for frequent purchasers of their services - similar to what any airline has. Not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape about this...

Attention: Newbie's!

In our humble opinion no cruise will ever be as exciting to us as our very first one in the 1980'S. Everything was so enchanting. From the actual 1st boarding to the eventual ending of our wonderful cruise (on the Costa Flavia for some of you that may remember her). It seemed there was a pleasant surprise around every corner. We will be going on our 26th cruise in two weeks and are also excited about that as well, but there is no cruise like your first one. Please savor every moment and discount all the negative comments you may read here. You will soon have your own personal special memories that you can look back on fondly. :)

Bon Voyage!

Wayne & Debbie

When you say"you will notice a change in how staff greets or treats you" how are you not implying that cruisers that dont have platnium arent treated as good? So many cruisers have platnium, it's not a big deal. Maybe because some cruisers may think the change in card color should allow them better service, but it is not the case. Carnival cruiseline employees treat everyone the same, there is not a "class system" on the cruise ship.

Perhaps it means the staff is more relaxed around Platinum cruisers because both realize the platinum cruiser is less nervous than the newbie?

Archived