What did your kids do on the cruise?

MaiTaiMary

We're thinking about a cruise for the entire family. The kids will be 7, 5 1/2 and 4 years old.

I feel very confident they'll really enjoy Camp Carnival and swimming in the pools.

But what else is there for kids to do? :confused:

I thinking Camp Carnival will take up a lot of their day, but I don't want them to have to spend ALL their time there.

what else did your kids enjoy doing on the ship?

Eat ice cream, play basketball, play in the arcade, play games from the library, play cards, play ping pong, play mini-golf, go to the shows, play bingo, play trivia, play wii, watch a movie, create their own scavenger hunt to play, go swimming, go on excursions, etc....

We're thinking about a cruise for the entire family. The kids will be 7, 5 1/2 and 4 years old.

I feel very confident they'll really enjoy Camp Carnival and swimming in the pools.

I thinking Camp Carnival will take up a lot of their day, but I don't want them to have to spend ALL their time there.

Believe it or not, EAT :D All our kids loved the sitdown affairs and we made it a point to try and do all three meals and tea. I think they started appreciating it by 5. of course we were dragging them to them since they were toddlers.

Other activities; movies, cable TV ( sadly ), the pools ( that can be hours during the day ), and the ports of course. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Eat ice cream, play basketball, play in the arcade, play games from the library, play cards, play ping pong, play mini-golf, go to the shows, play bingo, play trivia, play wii, watch a movie, create their own scavenger hunt to play, go swimming, go on excursions, etc....

Oh, I didn't even know there was an arcade or games at the library!

We haven't been on a Carnival cruise so not sure about camp hours but the cruise we have been on w/ our now 5 yr old this is what we did.

Get up and have breakfast with our daughter asking to go to camp which opened at around 9:00. It would then close at noon (most days) so we would pick her up, have lunch and then go to the pool until about 3:00.

The camp then opens back up at 7:00 so we would go "exploring" as our daughter calls it and just have fun on the ship.

We would take her to the buffet for dinner and then back to the kids camp at 7:00. We go to late seating dinner and pick her up at 10:00.

Of course not every day is just like this and there is always something to do on the ship but the days fly by with everything offered.

My 6 year old DD just finished her 5th cruise and has never really spent time in the kids clubs- she just prefers to be with us.

So we do time at the pools and then lots of mini-golf, shuffleboard, ice skating, bingo or movies in the theaters.

Go on Royal Caribbean. I've never been on Carnival but I can't imagine there is more to do than on RCCL ships for the kiddies. Rockwall, mini golf, flowrider, ice skating, huge arcade, great kids' clubs, H20 zone, basketball courts, etc.

There is a lot to do with the kids in addition to the Kids Club. The pools, water slides, ping pong, shuffle board, basketball, trivia games, scavenger hunts, and my son's favorite - eating ice cream! On our last cruise, the kids spent more time away from camp than actually in camp.

• 4 weeks later...

My 7yo son would be in Camp Carnival 24/7 if I would let him! Other than CC, we play mini-golf, eat, and do ship activities like dance lessons, trivia, scavenger hunt, etc. The big hit of our cruise last week was family karaoke; we will definitely be doing that again.

He doesn't like the MDR and would much prefer to "eat with his friends" w/Camp Carnival; I generally allow that about half the nights. (Be warned, they feed the kids absolute JUNK - pizza, burgers, hot dogs, fries... nary a fruit or veggie in sight).

My 4yo also adores Camp Carnival, but is more willing to spend time with Mommy than her brother is. She still likes to go to CC at least twice a day for a few hours - pretty much the only time I get to spend with the kids on cruises is early morning, mealtime, and bedtime!

Neither of my kids like the shows but my 8yo nephew does. He doesn't like Camp Carnival; he may go once or twice for an hour or so for a specific activity but he's much more interested in the non-kid activities like the shows and eating in the MDR.

There's something for everybody!

The days for the kids and you can be as busy or as calm as you want. Other than the things mentioned, one thing my youngest (5) likes to do on sea days on CCL is have tea - it's at 3 - and a very nice break from the sun.

Don't forget that on many of your days, you will be in port as well, so that will have them worn out!

Trust me - there is far more to do on any cruise than you or they could possibily do - you'll have a great time.

Archived