Friend moving to different cabin question

caljus

I was going to book solo paying dbl occupancy...I have 2 friends booked in a balc...I told them if they knew someone to come along they they could book as a guest with me then switch to their cabin after boarding...of couse cabin card (S&S) would be issued to my cabin..

is there an easy way for her to get a card to the other cabin without being charged for anything like that cabin being charged for a 3rd person?

thanks

A few of questions--

Is their cabin a triple?

What about the room tewards tips? If the room stewards are different that is a problem.

Could you find someone to share the cabin with?

A 'room only' key can be obtained at the pursers desk.

I was going to book solo paying dbl occupancy...I have 2 friends booked in a balc...I told them if they knew someone to come along they they could book as a guest with me then switch to their cabin after boarding...of couse cabin card (S&S) would be issued to my cabin..

is there an easy way for her to get a card to the other cabin without being charged for anything like that cabin being charged for a 3rd person?

thanks

You could have the other peeps ask for a third card but if they try and say they lost one, security will just reprogram the lock and give them two new cards. Also is their balcony cabin even setup for a third person?

I assumed it could accomodate 3...8E...had it on my last cruise...well next door...2 beds and sofa

And I doubt will have same stewards since I will be taking much cheaper cabin...guess this will be bigger problem than I thought...I was thinking originally just keep her issued card for account purposes but stay with her friends

I assumed it could accomodate 3...8E...had it on my last cruise...well next door...2 beds and sofa

And I doubt will have same stewards since I will be taking much cheaper cabin...guess this will be bigger problem than I thought...I was thinking originally just keep her issued card for account purposes but stay with her friends

You can do that, just getting the spare card could be an issue. She would just have to meet up with the friends if she wanted to get into the room. And just check out Carnivals website fopr deck plans to see if it has a 3rd or 4th berth :)

Who is going to pay for her stewards tips, he/she is not going to like cleaning after 3 people and only earning the tips for two. I really don't think Carnival would go along with something like this, they might if one was moving out of one cabin and changing into another, but to book your room as a solo, bring in a another person so basically they can have a free cruise. Why don't you have her pay for half of your room, it seems that would be fair.

Who is going to pay for her stewards tips, he/she is not going to like cleaning after 3 people and only earning the tips for two. I really don't think Carnival would go along with something like this, they might if one was moving out of one cabin and changing into another, but to book your room as a solo, bring in a another person so basically they can have a free cruise. Why don't you have her pay for half of your room, it seems that would be fair.

uhhhhh......they have to pay for the cruise to get onboard ;) They are just switching rooms after they board. The fare for two people is being paid one way or another.

If you are worried about their charges to your sail & sign you can set up sepperate accounts for each person in a cabin. We have done this before when having additional adults in a room. As far as tipping the other cabin stewart they could just pay him in cash the first day, My concern would be where the third person would sleep in the other cabin. When traveling just the two of us we have never had a room that had an extra bed. Most of the quad bed rooms are reserved for the exact number. One time when traveling with 3 we assumed it would be a pull down bunk. We were surprised with a roll-a-way. It was a real pain.

uhhhhh......they have to pay for the cruise to get onboard ;) They are just switching rooms after they board.

This is how I read the OP, she has booked a solo room and is letting a friend add her name onto her cabin so she can cruise with her other 2 friends. This is more then just switching rooms, you have one guest who did not pay for a cabin, then you have her moving into another cabin and like I said who is going to pay the stewards tips since he will be cleaning and making beds for 3 people instead of 2 that were originally assigned to that room.

Maybe the OP needs to clarify if this guest is paying anything toward this cruise, as I understand it, the guest is not paying anything.

Its no problem asking for another cabin key at the purser's desk, just go and ask it, it will be a key only, no charging priviledges. Look at the deck plans to be sure the sofa is a convertible sofa so is big enough to sleep on. Not that many triple balconys, so you need to check, not just "well we had the cabin next door and it held 3" I would want to make sure.

This is how I read the OP, she has booked a solo room and is letting a friend add her name onto her cabin so she can cruise with her other 2 friends. This is more then just switching rooms, you have one guest who did not pay for a cabin, then you have her moving into another cabin and like I said who is going to pay the stewards tips since he will be cleaning and making beds for 3 people instead of 2 that were originally assigned to that room.

Maybe the OP needs to clarify if this guest is paying anything toward this cruise, as I understand it, the guest is not paying anything.

That was my point, the OP is paying for the second berth already by being a solo cruiser. I wasn't saying the guest was actually paying anything, I was just saying that someone has to foot the bill. If the OP is letting someone else ride on their payment.....Do you want to adopt me? :p

Okay...OP is a single he (thank you very much)....the 2 friends in the the other cabin are female co-workers that I enticed to go...I was going by myself after taking DM on our very 1st cruise past May...of course I was hooked...so then...my son could not go due to college...I asked co-worker

lady friends if they knew someone that could go as I was paying for the entire cabin anyway...of course they did...another lady friend...and there you have it...the more the merrier...and after reading responses I know what I need to do...actually the newcomer will pay for the tips for both stewards and we plan to get her own 'Room Only' key...question...I can't remember...are accounts (folio) set-up to each individual or to cabin?

Tanks

Tan4 :)

Okay...OP is a single he (thank you very much)....the 2 friends in the the other cabin are female co-workers that I enticed to go...I was going by myself after taking DM on our very 1st cruise past May...of course I was hooked...so then...my son could not go due to college...I asked co-worker

lady friends if they knew someone that could go as I was paying for the entire cabin anyway...of course they did...another lady friend...and there you have it...the more the merrier...and after reading responses I know what I need to do...actually the newcomer will pay for the tips for both stewards and we plan to get her own 'Room Only' key...question...I can't remember...are accounts (folio) set-up to each individual or to cabin?

Tanks

Tan4 :)

Set up by individual for sail and sign

So, the OP paid for two and is now going solo??? So there is just a name change?? Reason for my asking this is if you paid for just going solo you pay a higher price just not as much as if there is two in a cabin. So, that is why I am asking this question? I would rather pay for 3rd person passanger price than to pay 2nd passenger price.

Most of the time (unless it is a 1A cabin) a solo cruiser pays exactly 200% (or the cost of 2 cruisers). So in affect he could add another passenger and it would turn out to cost the same (except for the addition of port charges). The only problem I see is if the rates have gone up for the OP's cabin then when they add the 2nd person the price may change. This sounds like a sound plan to me, just check to make sure the balcony will in fact sleep 3 (you could call and inquire about adding a third peron to the balcony without actually doing it and the agent will tell you if the cabin can handle it.

As far as tips are concerned the extra passenger can stop all the tips on her account and have one of the original balcony occupants just double theirs and then just give the "tip money" to the passenger that doubled.

Sail and Sign accounts are linked to the individual not the cabin so there is no issue with that. Just go to the Purser and ask for an extra key and you're set.

I think you get it wrf2e and thanks for the explanation but why go through the hassle on tips as you indicated? Why not just give the steward up front?...I am not making any name changes to any cabins...am I missing something that you're trying to point out?

Archived