pack anad go not so last minute

reesegirl

Ok so it was my understanding that pack and go could only be booked one week before the cruise. I was wrong. I had been watching the prices on the liberty for the Oct 24th sailing and when I went to CCL site today the cruise was gone. I called carnival and was told that cruise was all sold out and they were working on booking cruises for Nov and Dec.:(

i won"t be in Fl. in Nov and Dec. But not to be too upset I went to hotwire where I had seen same cruise priced for about same money. Guess what!! I booked it today:D:D good last minute price!!! Ok so it is an inside cabin with a upper and lower bunk but that just means DH gets his own bed for the week:eek:

We will be on the sailing on the 24th

Then I went to the roll call boards to see who we would be sailing with and saw that there is a happy hour meet and greet scheduled. Hopefully my e-mail to Judy will get answered so we can attend and I will put faces to some of the people on this board.

Persistence pays off

Now if the upgrade fairy will just hit me with her wand I will be very very happy but I am happy enough just to get to cruise!!:D

pack n go's, are last minute meaning after final payment, but often a month or two in the future, my dec cruise is on pack n go this week.

Maybe what you heard was because pack n go's can only be booked wednesday thru friday, or until the the featured prices are gone, which could be before friday.

Looks like you are on the Liberty, not sure which 1A cabin you booked, but you might not have upper and lower bunks. The site you booked with says that for ships that dont have the upper and lower, so that might be good news? If you let us know which cabin, we can probably tell you the configuration, but the Riveria and Main deck are mostly one twin and one convertible sofa, but upper levels, deck 6, 7 and 8 often have twin beds and might even be larger cabins than a regular inside.

If you find any rate, resident, senior that you do not qualify for, then no, you cant price match, since its not a rate you can have.

ES probably not, unless you are price matching upward. If you are in a 4A, you cannot match downward to a IS, inside guarantee, only upward to the OV guarantee. Pack no go's are always guarantees, and ES rates are where you pick a specific cabin, so ES rates in the same overall category, inside, OV etc, are higher..cant price match downward.

We are booked in room 2215 I went to the CCL site to see where the room is..It looks to be quite forward and I think it is going to have an upper and lower bunk but that is so hard to tell as when you click on the link I think it is just showing a reg. inside stateroom with 2 beds than can be converted and not the upper and lower. Would love to know in advance just what to expect. I don't spend much time in the room and this will be my first inside cabin.

Thanks for all the info firefly

We are booked in room 2215 I went to the CCL site to see where the room is..It looks to be quite forward and I think it is going to have an upper and lower bunk but that is so hard to tell as when you click on the link I think it is just showing a reg. inside stateroom with 2 beds than can be converted and not the upper and lower. Would love to know in advance just what to expect. I don't spend much time in the room and this will be my first inside cabin.

Carnival Liberty cabin 2215:

Cabin 2215 4B IST4 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-2 uppers rab:0

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

So it's a standard inside room, category 4B. Congrats, the upgrade fairy has paid you a visit. :) Enjoy your cruise -- I'll keep the ship warm for you... we sail on her on Saturday, and will be disembarking on the 24th just as you're getting ready to board.

sorry when you mentioned a upper and lower, as if only one of each, I thought maybe you had booked a 1A, but I see you didnt get one of the port hole cabins either. I try and get a port hole for the inside price if Im going to be down on the first couple of decks. Your ship does have some.

True, if this is last minute, probably those cabins that used to be 5As are gone, 2221, is a example, almost across from where you are, its sold as a 4B, but actually has 220 s.f. and has port holes.

I thought maybe you had booked a 1A
Doh, I guess I should read more carefully too... I saw the reference to a 1A in the thread, and just instantly my brain accepted that it was from the OP... so I assumed the upgrade fairy had visited. Sorry, OP, if you booked 2215, then no upgrade -- but you should still enjoy your room... and your cruise!

Doh, I guess I should read more carefully too... I saw the reference to a 1A in the thread, and just instantly my brain accepted that it was from the OP... so I assumed the upgrade fairy had visited. Sorry, OP, if you booked 2215, then no upgrade -- but you should still enjoy your room... and your cruise!

The OP didnt mentione TWO lowers, (and two uppers), so we just assumed. Thats why I asked the OP what they booked.

As far as being a upgrade ... thats questionable anyway. I have a 1A with twin and convertible sofa and port holes ... could have changed for $10 pp LESS to a 4B and didnt change because not a upgrade to me. (even though I could have paid $20 total less).

Not that it matters I just booked this cruise 2 days ago and was under the impression it had a top and lower bunk from this thread DMfriedman leads me to believe the 2 loewrs push together as a king is this right or is it just the upper and lower bunk.

Not that it matters I am on a ship I am cruising I am happy

this will be our 7th cruise our first inside stateroom but like I said booked VERY LAST MINUTE!!!!!

Archived