Physician's service

kay0522

This is a question I couldn't find on previous boards - we are on the Quest leaving Oct 17th - I broke my arm 3 days ago and had a surgical procedure where the Dr put a plate and 9 screws in my arm. No problem to go on our cruise, but will the ship's Dr remove stitches? Ahhh - what we won't endure for our love of cruising! Thanks - and happy sailing!:o

Oh Karen! Have just seen your post - poor you. Can't answer your question about Dr. on board taking stitches out, but I really can't see why not as it's the sort of thing a nurse would do in any of our hospitals. You have my sympathy though having a long-haul flight with a broken arm. Perhaps your doctor will prescribe a strong tranquillizer - or a bottle of scotch! Take care.

Pat

This is a question I couldn't find on previous boards - we are on the Quest leaving Oct 17th - I broke my arm 3 days ago and had a surgical procedure where the Dr put a plate and 9 screws in my arm. No problem to go on our cruise, but will the ship's Dr remove stitches? Ahhh - what we won't endure for our love of cruising! Thanks - and happy sailing!:o

I have requested the info for you from Azamara..

Jancruz1

Hi Kay !

I'm sorry to hear of your injury, and I am glad you are on the road to recovery !

I asked the question for you. The answer I recieved, was that the Ship's Doctor should be able to accomodate you. They advised, You should bring a letter from your Doctor explaining the injury, and why stitches were needed, so they have a better idea of the situation. I would expect a fee to be charged, but hopefully it should be nominal.

Should there be any unforseen problems or concerns, I believe the Ship's Doctor can refer you to a local Physician.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

From Azamara

Hello Jan,

We have been advised by the medical team that the doctor onboard can assist removing stitches. Guests should bring a letter from their doctor with instructions when removal is required and follow up treatment.

Jancruz1

Hi Kay !

I'm sorry to hear of your injury, and I am glad you are on the road to recovery !

I asked the question for you. The answer I recieved, was that the Ship's Doctor should be able to accomodate you. They advised, You should bring a letter from your Doctor explaining the injury, and why stitches were needed, so they have a better idea of the situation. I would expect a fee to be charged, but hopefully it should be nominal.

Should there be any unforseen problems or concerns, I believe the Ship's Doctor can refer you to a local Physician.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Sorry Andy, I didnt see your answer before I posted the answer A sent to me..

Jancruz1

Archived