Frank's Taxi for Day Trip...

WeLuvCruzn

Hi All,

I am perplexed and need your advice, please. :confused:

My friends and I have been in contact with Frank to book a private tour in St. Lucia for December. Frank replies to my emails with short, one sentence, friendly responses, but he does not answer my specific (and relevant) questions, such as: 1) are we confirmed?, 2) where should we meet you? and, 3) what type of car will you have? :rolleyes:

So, for those of you that have booked with Frank in advance of your cruises and had a great tour... is this normal? :confused: Any advice on how we should proceed? Thanks!

I used Frank last May and he answered my emails in the same way, which did concern me a bit. BUT, he met us at exactly the time and place where he said he would and we had a WONDERFUL day with him. He is very friendly, easy going and will do whatever you want to do. It was just me and my 19 year old daughter and we felt totally comfortable with him and truly enjoyed being with him for the day. He is very knowledgable about the island and everyone seems to know him no matter where you go. Another nice thing is that he kept some of the more pushy/persistent vendors from us when he knew we were not interested in seeing their goods for sale. We went to the waterfalls, the volcano and Jalousie Beach, which is just beautiful. Then he took us for lunch at the Beacon Restaurant where we had the most amazing view of the Pitons and a very delicious lunch. He gave us his famous rum punch, which was veryyy good, but veryyy potent - my daughter basically passed out when we got back to the ship - so be careful!;) I highly recommend Frank and we are thinking of returning again this May and will definitely book with him again. So, dont worry about his short emails. He is a busy guy, but he is very responsible and will definitely take care of you while you are with him. Enjoy!

Hi VirginaiTechMom: thanks for the reply! I understand what you're saying, but when I posted last night, he still hadn't told us where to meet him or what type of car to look for, and it had been a few days (and a few email exchanges) since I first contacted him.

Anyway, we seem to be all set now. He emailed this morning and told us where to meet and what type of car/van to look for... we're looking forward to a great tour. :D

Thanks again. I'll post a review upon our return... I can't wait! :p

• 2 weeks later...

He sounds good. I have been on tours of St. Lucia before and may want a private tour this time. What did he charge for your day with him and how long was the tour ?: did you swim at Jalouise beach? Thanks!

It was $160.00 total for the day. I asked him to meet us at 8:30 am and he was right on time. I wanted to be back about an hour before the ship's departure time, which also worked out perfectly. He really wants his customers to be happy, so he will work with whatever schedule you give him.

It was just my daughter and I on the tour and the price included all entrance fees, lunch at the Beacon and drinks for the day (sodas, water, rum punch, beer). We did go to Jalousie and went swimming. Initially Frank tried driving us directly to the resort, but the road was closed without any prior warning, so we had to take a boat. He arranged for that at the last minute for us without any problem. I beleive I had to pay for the boat, as it was an unexpected development. I have read somewhere recently that the resort at Jalousie is restricting guests now, but I dont know exactly what is happening with that. I am sure if you contact Frank he can let you know about what is going on with Jalousie and if it is still possible to go there. He seems to know everyone on the island and is very helpful in trying to plan your day. I am sure you will have a great time. His email is franktax@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...
It was $160.00 total for the day. I asked him to meet us at 8:30 am and he was right on time. I wanted to be back about an hour before the ship's departure time, which also worked out perfectly. He really wants his customers to be happy, so he will work with whatever schedule you give him.

It was just my daughter and I on the tour and the price included all entrance fees, lunch at the Beacon and drinks for the day (sodas, water, rum punch, beer). We did go to Jalousie and went swimming. Initially Frank tried driving us directly to the resort, but the road was closed without any prior warning, so we had to take a boat. He arranged for that at the last minute for us without any problem. I beleive I had to pay for the boat, as it was an unexpected development. I have read somewhere recently that the resort at Jalousie is restricting guests now, but I dont know exactly what is happening with that. I am sure if you contact Frank he can let you know about what is going on with Jalousie and if it is still possible to go there. He seems to know everyone on the island and is very helpful in trying to plan your day. I am sure you will have a great time. His email is franktax@hotmail.com

Thanks again for the info. I heard from Frank a few days ago and he was suggesting changing my tour start time (moving to ~1 hour later -- cutting the tour short) and he gave me some bad information about tendering... when I confirmed with the cruiseline they said we'd be docking. I emailed him and again a delayed response. Should I be nervous?!?!... because I am. :(

This is all we have planned for the day, as it's a full day tour. BTW: We are paying more than $160 for the day... there are 4 of us... no lunch. Any advice?

Thanks again for the info. I heard from Frank a few days ago and he was suggesting changing my tour start time (moving to ~1 hour later -- cutting the tour short) and he gave me some bad information about tendering... when I confirmed with the cruiseline they said we'd be docking. I emailed him and again a delayed response. Should I be nervous?!?!... because I am. :(

This is all we have planned for the day, as it's a full day tour. BTW: We are paying more than $160 for the day... there are 4 of us... no lunch. Any advice?

Just heard from Frank confirming the new time. It's going to be an adventure!!!... I will write a full review upon our return! ;)

Frank gave us a great day tour. Met us at the scheduled time. We went just the 2 of us even though 2 others that had scheduled did not show. As Frank said he would never cancel a tour. Did everything he said he would and charged us the original price. Frank is very knowledgeable of the island and does a great tour. As a bonus he took us by his own house to pick up a cooler of drinks and we even met his wife and new baby. :)

Archived