New Cabin Categories Showing on Carnival!

gargoyle999

Anyone knows the new category # for the old 8G & 8H staterooms with extra large balconies on Spirit Class ships -- 6232, 6234, 6281, 7258, 7260, 7303, 8232, 8234, and 8239? They seem to disappear from the booking.

Looks like they will be 8J and 8K depending on which deck. Based on the categories listed it doesn't appear these specific cabins will be a higher category then other extended balconies on the same deck.

Other than differences already existing (extended vs non extended) it seems the changes are not taking balcony size into consideration per se. It's more about location.

I think Carnival announced last year they would make changes to the names of cats. I guess they have been dong this in stages, per ships.

Actually the categories were redone to differentiate between midship and forward and aft and by deck. There was a lot of discussion here when that happened. So this is the 2nd recent redo of cabin categories. At least on the Spirit ships.

Anyone knows the new category # for the old 8G & 8H staterooms with extra large balconies on Spirit Class ships -- 6232, 6234, 6281, 7258, 7260, 7303, 8232, 8234, and 8239? They seem to disappear from the booking.

I can confirm that 7258 is listed as a Cat 8K because that is the cabin that I have booked and the new category is showing on my reservation.

I'm looking at 6/13/10 Legend. OS costs $1409pp, while JS costs $1439pp - strange - maybe a typo?

I was looking at 4/5/11 on the Spirit. I exited it out, but I think that was the right date. It was a 5 day to Cabo and Ensenada out of San Diego.

They have changed the colors of the deck plans, at least on the Spirit.

With Firefox I still see the old colors on the cabin map, but with IE I see the new ones. I wish the map was more interactive. So when you put your mouse over a cabin a little box popped up and give you the category.

8E and VS look a lot of like, hope I don't book the wrong one...ha ha...

I see the aft wraps will now be called Vista Suites. 19 days for our 2nd one. I can't say I blame then one bit. It always amazed me that these cabins were the same price as a regular Cat 11 suite. Same price no more. Oh well.....

I see the aft wraps will now be called Vista Suites. 19 days for our 2nd one. I can't say I blame then one bit. It always amazed me that these cabins were the same price as a regular Cat 11 suite. Same price no more. Oh well.....

I wish they weren't higher. But I can't blame Carnival either. There really is no way what is now VS is worth the same as what is now JS.

October 16, 2009 for Spirit, Pride, Legend, & Miracle.

October 23, 2009 for Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, & Dream.

October 30, 2009 for Splendor, Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Ecstasy, & Sensation

The remaining fleet is TBA

October 16, 2009 for Spirit, Pride, Legend, & Miracle.

October 23, 2009 for Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, & Dream.

October 30, 2009 for Splendor, Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Ecstasy, & Sensation

The remaining fleet is TBA

I've got my eye on some 4A portholes on the Fantasy (used to be 5A). Saw the inside of one on the Elation and figured they weren't too bad (as long as I got the ones that were the furthest from the bow). I'm just hoping that Carnival keeps them at the 4A price! :p

Archived